Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

selling my disco KALAHARI EDITION!

Old 07-28-2011, 09:05 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default selling my disco KALAHARI EDITION!

ljvxfb vv

Last edited by sammymartin; 10-05-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:20 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sammymartin
im selling my white 2002 Disco Series || Kalahari Edition!!

go here for details...

2002 Land Rover Discovery Kalahari Edition

thanks!
-s
With all do respect...no CDL and simply an SE model with a Kalahari badge, different rims and a brush guard with lights that was an option on all DIIs that year...nothing special worth $7,800...HGs replaced?...any gaskets replaced for that matter?...cold weather package?...front D/S replaced with grease-able parts? You have the "three amigos" as well (do a search); so your statement in the CL ad of " however they are all working and the car runs fine" is not true as your TC, HDC and ABS are not working...I'd offer half a third what you are asking...again, all due respect...remember where you are posting, this is a hard-core DII forum.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:17 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by mwindth
With all do respect...no CDL and simply an SE model with a Kalahari badge, different rims and a brush guard with lights that was an option on all DIIs that year...nothing special worth $7,800...HGs replaced?...any gaskets replaced for that matter?...cold weather package?...front D/S replaced with grease-able parts? You have the "three amigos" as well (do a search); so your statement in the CL ad of " however they are all working and the car runs fine" is not true as your TC, HDC and ABS are not working...I'd offer half a third what you are asking...again, all due respect...remember where you are posting, this is a hard-core DII forum.
And with all due respect to YOU, I am the original owner of this car. My uncle works for landrover and I bought it straight from him in 2002. It has all the paperwork that says it IS a true kalhari. Yes the ladder is off and the black hood was damaged, but under the hood it is a kalahari. As for the warning lights. I have had them all looked at MULTIPLE times. They all work. I just need a new curcuit board. They allll work. Please do not explain my car to me by looking at a few simple pictures. As for the price, I have been told to sell it at 10. I'm at 78. And for a car there is so few of, a third of that price would be insulting.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:40 AM
Mudding

What did the kalahari have, that mine don't besides a ladder and a black hood?

Old 07-29-2011, 03:43 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Kalahari's were the SE model and came from the factory with at least the following...

Saudi Spec Grille and Bumper
Brush Guard with Safari Lights
Ladder
Safari Gard Rock Sliders
Hood Blackout
Gray Typhoon style wheels
Tek Fabric seats with Leatherette Trim
Other custom interior colors (trim pieces and such, nothing special)

There were 350 total produced

Yellow = 150
White = 100
Gray = 100

There will be a "Special Vehicles" badge (not a sticker) on the passenger side of the rear gate, as well as a "Special Vehicles" production badge riveted to the radiator shroud. You cannot BUY these badges without a Special Vehicle VIN.

Ask me how I know?

Last edited by yloDiscoII; 07-29-2011 at 03:46 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:03 AM
Winching
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Did anyone else notice the coolant reservoir seems to be empty in those photos? Is there water in there?

Old 07-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

It is a nice enough truck, a little high on mileage, the coolant bottle is full, not empty, still has factory plug wires and the 3 amigos that could easily cost $1000 plus to repair but still worth nearly the asking price.
I would steel the truck just for the wheels.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:23 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by mwindth
.....this is a hard-core DII forum.
^^ We should probably consider setting up an age-verification process when people sign up then

--------------------------

To the OP : We can ALL tell you that your ABS,TC and HDC DON'T work. If those 3 lights are are lit, that means there is an issue and the ABS system which controls all 3 of those aspects, just won't work....get going really fast and then slam on your brakes, and let us know how it goes for you.

$6500-$7500 seems fair enough to me (without the 3 Amigos) but considering it's a 1 owner vehicle with service records, it should be priced at a premium. At least higher than your run-of-the-mill Disco from some random sleazy dealership. For it being 1 of only 100 white Kalahari's, it IS a rare bird, and over time, it's the "Special Vehicles" that will hold their value better and be more sought after by the collectors, even if "its just an SE with some decals"

As a fellow Kalahari owner, I wish you luck with the sale. You may consider taking a peek at some of the information on this forum to cheaply fix your "3 Amigos", as that should help you increase the likelihood of selling at your asking price......then maybe a car wash, a quick run with a vacuum and some Armor-All Just messin, but seriously, a sparkling clean car will sell 100X faster than a dirty one. You can also power wash the engine bay (DII's love water). Just cover up the fuse box and ABS mod, and go for it!

Old 07-29-2011, 03:26 PM
TReK

HOLD THE PHONE : I'm guessing it was wrecked? That front bumper isn't the Saudi Spec. I'm guessing that's also why the hood blackout is gone?

I rescind my $6500-$7500 hypothetical offer....

Old 07-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yloDiscoII
^^ We should probably consider setting up an age-verification process when people sign up then
LOL, very good ylo! I didn't mean it that way...I just meant that it is very hard to pull a "fast one" on posting a DII for sale on this forum and in the advertisement show some VERY obvious flaws (i.e. Three amigos) and then respond back with it just needs a "new circuit board"? WTF?

THAT IS INSULTING TO THE COLLECTIVE KNOWLEDGE ON THIS FORUM.

Now, with that being said, IF the HGs were replaced and ALL maintenance documented when required by LR, then yes, MAYBE he could get what he is asking for. But I would start deducting at least $1,000 for the amigos, $1,500 for HGs, and as you so astutley pointed out, not a Saudi spec bumper? Shoot, KBB (yes, I know, KBB, I know, but it will at least get us a starting point) for a PERFECT 2002 DII in Denver with 117K is about $8,500. Maybe tack on a little more for the Kalahari badges, but this truck is not perfect from the pics and not to mention the OP admission of the missing ladder and DAMAGED black hood.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: selling my disco KALAHARI EDITION!