Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service engine soon light, S and M lights flash

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 02:37 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had similar issues twice. Once was the battery and once was the Crank position sensor.

Old 04-08-2018, 05:00 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery test

Originally Posted by ckayak2
Hello everyone,
Yesterday I was leaving my school, and it was a little difficult to start, but did on the third try. Then, as I was driving, it started to stall and the service engine soon light came on and the S and M lights flashed just briefly.
I drove it just enough so I could park it. I had my brother in law come and look at it (still in the parking space). After starting it again, it died only after about a minute. Then we let it sit and drove it again. The service engine soon light came on again and the S and M lights flashed again too. It also wouldn't drive well (had to apply a lot of gas to get it to move). It worked okay in reverse though. We think it might be in limp mode, but we aren't sure.
Also, my heat and a/c went out a couple of months ago, and I hadn't gotten around to getting them fixed yet. We know it has electrical problems; we tested the voltage on the power supply to the blower motor, and it was below 12. It needs new wiring.
We're having codes ran on it ASAP, but does anyone know what that could be/probably is? Thanks!
Originally Posted by Disco Mike
Get your codes read so we can help you, also as already mentioned clean and tighten your battery and ground cables so you can get the charging system tested, needs to be between 13.6 and 14.4 volts.
Does the batter have to be on the truck to get tested or can I take to battery off and take it to get tested