Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunroof drain exit location

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Sunroof drain exit location

OK folks... RAVE and search are not helping me out here. I'm looking to find out where the drains from the sunroof go to exit. I think they are clogged up, and I will sometimes see a few drips around the front splash guards long after a rain showing a slow drip. I just can't find the silly tubes or exit. I was going to clean out the AC lines, and figured take a look at those too.

Old 09-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe they drain behind the taillights.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:07 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Looking for the front drains. Looks like it goes down the a pillar, but from there I can't tell. Looks like it drains inside a frame area. Found an area with crude where it drips but not a point I could access. Passenger side drained out when I poured water in, but driver side did not.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Here is a spot like I was talking about on drivers side. Drips out from under that area. Took pics of it but hard to tell what the pics are of.Name:  photo_zps483b4e6c.jpg
Views: 9632
Size:  173.4 KB

Old 09-13-2013, 05:25 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

I think you maybe right the A & B pillars would be the logical place to run the drains, but this is a LR.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:04 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Each of the 4 drains drains out behind each of the 4 wheels.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:41 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
Each of the 4 drains drains out behind each of the 4 wheels.
Have you actually seen an exit area? The only spot I could find at the bottom near the D/S was about 6" back from the end of the frame near the running board in back of the front wheel. A bunch of muck (like what you would see in the AC drain) in this thin slit in a box by the frame. No way to get into it though. Not sure if the pipe is redirecting into there. Very odd exit point, and it is plugged up somewhere and just dripping through slowely. Causing too much to go towards the P/S drain and hence cause some wetness over there on that side I think.

Old 09-15-2013, 12:24 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Snafu / Disco Fries
Have you actually seen an exit area? The only spot I could find at the bottom near the D/S was about 6" back from the end of the frame near the running board in back of the front wheel. A bunch of muck (like what you would see in the AC drain) in this thin slit in a box by the frame. No way to get into it though. Not sure if the pipe is redirecting into there. Very odd exit point, and it is plugged up somewhere and just dripping through slowely. Causing too much to go towards the P/S drain and hence cause some wetness over there on that side I think.
We went through a plug front drain and we had water on the driver's side floor. Thought it is was the windshield until I found the front drains and unplugged both of them. The driver side drain tube was filled with water.

The front drains are under the truck tucked up into the chassis (you will see them with a flash light).

2003 Discovery 137K

Attached Thumbnails Sunroof drain exit location-imgres.jpeg  
Old 09-15-2013, 07:16 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by borchera
We went through a plug front drain and we had water on the driver's side floor. Thought it is was the windshield until I found the front drains and unplugged both of them. The driver side drain tube was filled with water.

The front drains are under the truck tucked up into the chassis (you will see them with a flash light).

2003 Discovery 137K
I'm wondering if since I have the running boards if it is tucked in a way I just can't see it.