Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Toddco whats up?? Wheres my package?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 01:05 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Todd did contact me this morning (the day after i open a dispute go figure), and told me had been on a vacation. It is a Monday so hey it could have happened, I don't care to speculate. He offered to ship me one and refund my shipping charge claiming UPS didn't pick it up.

I told him I would cancel the dispute but only after I receive the goods/refund.

I'm a believer in second chances and giving people the benefit of the doubt. Even though it sounds similar to Madlands experience.

So... that is where we are.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by MetalMarine
should make a sticky on places to buy and not to buy from.

putting Toddco on the list of not to buy from.
Great in theory, but some companies can go south with little notice, to the masses.
Companies undergo ownership changes and just go under. Never really heard anything bad about toddco till lately.
proven track records are good....l8, rn, etc

Old 10-20-2014, 01:34 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

If you paid with a cc or paypal and you keep the dispute in place until it's all cleared up and he don't fiddle **** around any longer you have nothing to loose but more time.
If he doesn't send a valid tracking # in a day or two showing it in-route, I'd go elsewhere.
jmo

Last edited by RicketyTick; 10-21-2014 at 06:49 AM.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:08 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by My6speedz
Todd did contact me this morning (the day after i open a dispute go figure), and told me had been on a vacation. It is a Monday so hey it could have happened, I don't care to speculate. He offered to ship me one and refund my shipping charge claiming UPS didn't pick it up.

I told him I would cancel the dispute but only after I receive the goods/refund.

I'm a believer in second chances and giving people the benefit of the doubt. Even though it sounds similar to Madlands experience.

So... that is where we are.
Commendable approach My6speedz. But be sure not to let them off the hook until you get what you want or ordered. Promises are one thing, reality is another. ( you've heard the expression no doubt "there is no greater lie than a politicians promise" and that sometimes goes for vendors of any hue as well.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:18 PM
Three Wheeling

I agree, I am going to give him a few days. If not the dispute will proceed and I'll be purchasing them some place else.

I have my doubts, but, I will give him a chance to make it right. If not... well... hopefully this thread will help save someone else the experience.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:34 PM
Three Wheeling

I will say this, I have dealt with several vendors, whether it is for my Land Rover, my Camaro, or for my side business. I have found there are five kinds of shops.

A- The forum sponsor (expected positive experience): The shop with a prestigious reputation, fantastic shop cars that are the envy of everyone, great tech support, active in the community, ect ect...

B- The over hyped forum sponsor (unexpectedly negative experience): The shop with lots of leg humpers and everyone always tells you to go there, but when you do, you get short quick answers to your questions. A holier than thou attitude, and crappy service. Their great reputation is built of a facade that is perpetuated by the leg humpers.

C- The known "iffy" vendor (known risk): Either you go there because they produce a exclusive product or maybe you fall victim to their low prices. Usually entails long lead/ship times, unanswered emails/calls. Most of the times if you purchase from here you aren't in a rush while hoping for the best. Usually a small operation where sales and production are done by the same group.

D- The smaller higher priced guy (personalized yet more expensive): Typically have great tech, yet slightly higher prices. Lots of drop shipments, and aren't making a lot of cash. These guys usually don't make lots of profit and really love what they are doing. Many don't make it. *Caution* D shops sometime grow and morph into B shops

E- Big box stores (get in and get out): Guys like us use these big time mail order places for purchases where we won't need tech help and know exactly what we need. Fast shippers, no personal connections.

I have dealt with them all, the problem is sifting through all the shilling and phony reviews you see now days and knowing before hand whom you're dealing with.

Last edited by My6speedz; 10-21-2014 at 04:03 AM.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:38 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

Just a little perspective. The Rover aftermarket is not what it used to be. The last trail model (to me, small/tight) is the 04 DII which is ten years old. The smaller suppliers are going to be disappearing, have been disappearing like water over the falls. Even the forums are (imo, not seeing the old usernames anymore) starting to see less and less participation than when I first came onboard. When I bought my truck LR was exploding, it was a boom time for all kinds of vendors large and small. Now, not so much.......

I don't see many LR3's being upgraded just yet and may never because of their complexity (expense) and I don't know, they seem a little too polished up for me to beat the daylights out of just yet. So any vendor will mostly be supporting DII's on down and that aint a what I'd call a growth market. I give maybe three more years and then it will dwindle down to the hard core, very small market.

The P38B build l8 did is to build a following to complement the waning Disco's, forecast another support segment into their business since many of the parts are shared between the two platforms. Some, not so much.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:26 PM
Three Wheeling

You're right there really are not to many Rover part places, my experience I was listing about is mostly from the go-fast world.

I have often wondered about getting a P38 instead of the RRC I dream of. I'm just not sure if I would want too. I am wanting to get more simple not more complicated. Can't afford a series or defender. Last series I found local to me was $22,000USD

Old 10-21-2014, 04:59 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

Toddco Headers came to my mind......that's why I poked my head in here.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

IHscouts, the Lucky8 crew is doing a LR3 as well. I got a chance to ride along in it at scarr and with a few mods they are really capable trucks. The rod lift kits, he is running proud rhino take minutes to install and are $130ish I think. Cheaper easier lift than our trucks for sure.

I also got to do the Vermont Overland Trophy as part of the Lucky8 Team and spent the bulk of my time in the project P38 Range Rover. I was amazed at how good it was off road. It was easily as good maybe better off road as the built D2 that was on the team.

Both trucks are scary good off road and really good on road. Most know me but for those that don't, I stuck to RRC's exclusively for 10 years, before I moved on to my 110 and now a D2. I will always think the RRC is the best but the newer breeds are serious contenders that in many ways are easier to mod and live with in a daily drive/fun toy.

Last edited by ArmyRover; 10-21-2014 at 09:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Toddco whats up?? Wheres my package?