Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Toddco whats up?? Wheres my package?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 09:16 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just remember " The road to Hell is paved with Good Intentions"
Need to stay with the dispute.

I have noticed a large exodus the last year from everywhere DII. I am interested in looking at LR's for the future but don't know much about them. Although I will keep my 04 DII as long as I can. Are LR'3s and 4's as capable as a DII?

Old 10-21-2014, 10:16 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Bone stock, an LR4 is far more capable than a D2. They both have their moddable limits, but a D2's limits go much further than an LR3/4's. IFS is generally always more limited than a solid axle truck.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:16 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
Bone stock, an LR4 is far more capable than a D2. They both have their moddable limits, but a D2's limits go much further than an LR3/4's. IFS is generally always more limited than a solid axle truck.

I don't do as much offroad that I used to do. I'll probably look at one when the time comes. IFS is probably good for what I want to do.

Old 10-21-2014, 04:14 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts
Old 10-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
IHscouts, the Lucky8 crew is doing a LR3 as well. I got a chance to ride along in it at scarr and with a few mods they are really capable trucks. The rod lift kits, he is running proud rhino take minutes to install and are $130ish I think. Cheaper easier lift than our trucks for sure.

I also got to do the Vermont Overland Trophy as part of the Lucky8 Team and spent the bulk of my time in the project P38 Range Rover. I was amazed at how good it was off road. It was easily as good maybe better off road as the built D2 that was on the team.

Both trucks are scary good off road and really good on road. Most know me but for those that don't, I stuck to RRC's exclusively for 10 years, before I moved on to my 110 and now a D2. I will always think the RRC is the best but the newer breeds are serious contenders that in many ways are easier to mod and live with in a daily drive/fun toy.
I run a 2009 RRS 3.0 TDi auto and that is a fantastic 'plug and play' no brainer offroad truck. You just twiddle a **** on the centre console and the power and drivetrain configuration adjust to suit. Even running highway tires on mild/mid offroading it copes easily without any mods. I reckon the latest RR or RRS must be the absolute DB's in offroading particularly if modified for the 5's. We are back in the UK in November so I might take a ride in the latest RR or RRS Tdi for amusement ................. cos I doubt I can afford to buy and use one.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:42 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 399 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
IHscouts, the Lucky8 crew is doing a LR3 as well. I got a chance to ride along in it at scarr and with a few mods they are really capable trucks. The rod lift kits, he is running proud rhino take minutes to install and are $130ish I think. Cheaper easier lift than our trucks for sure.

I also got to do the Vermont Overland Trophy as part of the Lucky8 Team and spent the bulk of my time in the project P38 Range Rover. I was amazed at how good it was off road. It was easily as good maybe better off road as the built D2 that was on the team.

Both trucks are scary good off road and really good on road. Most know me but for those that don't, I stuck to RRC's exclusively for 10 years, before I moved on to my 110 and now a D2. I will always think the RRC is the best but the newer breeds are serious contenders that in many ways are easier to mod and live with in a daily drive/fun toy.
Yep, I've been following the project P38. Once I put my D1 up on blocks I would lean towards a P38 myself. I've been looking for a local 02 HSE for a couple of years now, before Lucky 8 started the project. I wasn't surprised they chose that platform to mod up. It was logical (to me) because the purchase prices are doable to mod up without over-investing or still carrying an auto loan.... most can be had around the 2-3k mark. I can pinstripe it and not care.

I didn't know about the LR3 mod. I'll look into it. I've been used to seeing upper middle class slip on shoes driving them....... Trail mule? It doesn't hit me between the eyes yet.

These are my opinions.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:41 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by slabrat
What? I thought it was 'good things come to those who wait'..

...and wait.. and wait.. and wait...

Old 10-21-2014, 10:42 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by slabrat
I have not canceled or accepted a finding for the dispute, however, I see no reason to be a dick if the guy was honestly on vacation. **** happens... I have already blown my schedule for getting the truck finished during fall break so why not let him make good on it if he wants to? If he doesn't, Paypal will sort it out. Todd emailed me today and said it went out earlier today. I will check the tracking number tomorrow afternoon to see if it has been tagged at another sorting station.

Old 10-22-2014, 12:52 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by abnormals_anonymous
What? I thought it was 'good things come to those who wait'..

...and wait.. and wait.. and wait...

Yes Exactly Kind of the same thing

Old 10-24-2014, 08:00 PM
Three Wheeling

Well I got the parts today and everything was there and as it should be.

I halfway figured that I would never see the 20$ refund... and sadly that looks like the case.

All in all I wouldn't purchase from this guy again, and I would advise you guys to do the same. I can't be too mad because I got my parts, but it shouldn't take all this and I feel now after it is all said and done that he only got in contact with me because of the dispute, and now that he showed enough evidence for them not to reverse the charge the "refund" is up in smoke.

Quick Reply: Toddco whats up?? Wheres my package?