Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacuum Diagram?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum Diagram?

Hello, im new here and I just bought a 1995 Disco for $400. Its lifted and has some minor body mods to it and has the 3.9l v8, but the previous owner had some missing vacuum lines and/or vavuum lines plugged with screwdriver bits, so I need to get them all in order but I cant seem to find a vacuum diagram anywhere, Ive searched for awhile and even downloaded the manual but no luck. If anyone has one or even just a detailed picture of there engine bay that would be great.

Also, the previuos owner said the vacuum advance on the distributor wasnt operating, do I have to replace the entire distributor or can I get the vacuum advance unit seperately? Thank you for your help.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:28 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Use the link for a Free Rave CD download that is on my signature section, this should help you.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Drifting

i downloaded both the disco 1 manual and the engine overhaul manual and cant seem to find this diagram, am i missing it somewhere?

Old 05-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Drifting

i really need help I can find a diagram in the manula, does any one have an engine shot Im trying to figure out how the airbox mounts but there is a vaccum pump looking component just laying loose in that area and I am trying to figure out where it goes and how the vacuum advance is supposed ot hook up, its for a 1995 discovery I Thanks.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:22 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I couldn't find it for you either, I've read posts re: dist vacuum hoses, so I know they're here.

The vacuum pump looking componant IS your vacuum pump for the cruise control only.
It mounts low behind headlight driver's side - (God & rave knows how you get it out/in)

Hoses from that to "t" near firewall, over to throttle diaphram, in to brake pedal cruise vent switch.

If you don't go nuts first, you're going to learn a bunch & love that thing (hopefully)

When you can, edit your signature & insert info re: your truck.

Keep reading and posting

luck,greg

Old 05-15-2010, 09:02 PM
Drifting

does anyone just have a pic of their engine bay? I just need to know how to route the vacuum lines for the vacuum advance its just not hooked up on mine.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Drifting

now one has a picture of their engine bay? also where can i buy the vacuum advance part of the distributor?

Old 05-19-2010, 10:24 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry I would snap a pic of mine and post it but I am out of town (in Chicago actually) and will be until Mon. If you don't get what you need by then I will certainly be glad to do that for you. Just PM me Mon if you still need the pics. Good luck.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:02 PM
Three Wheeling

There should be a diagram on the vehicle. Unless the disco is different than every other distributor I've ever seen, it needs vacuum as the throttle is applied, so do not connect it to manifold vacuum. There should be a port near the throttle plate that has no vacuum when the truck is at idle. When you apply the throttle it should have vacuum. That is the port. Ensure the advance works by popping the distributor cap and sucking on the vacuum line attached to the advance. If it doesn't leak and moves freely you are good to go. If you only spent $400 on the truck I'm guessing you don't care too much about the other crap, you just want it running right. This will get you in the right direction.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:42 PM
Three Wheeling

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnsoa...7620551737918/

It appears that there is an advance and retard mechanism on the distro. If that's the case don't worry about hooking up the retard mech unless you have emissions testing. In either case, follow my instructions above to find the correct vacuum port and you are good to hook.

Quick Reply: Vacuum Diagram?