Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weatherstripping / Window Felt

Old 02-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weatherstripping / Window Felt

Having trouble finding a site to buy weatherstripping...primarily the window felt for the driver and passenger side window. I've been thru most of the rccommended parts site but not seeing anything like I am looking for. Any ideas?

Old 02-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: Weatherstripping / Window Felt

Did you try the Land Rover dealer? The items I've gotten from our local Land Rover Dealer have been priced fairly compared to the aftermarket suppliers. Sometimes they are actually cheaper than the internet sites. I talked to them about buying parts and if they would work with me, so they run me under a discounted rate, now. It's only about 10 or 15% less,but still it helps.

For restoration work I've done, the first place I look is the dealer just because the quality and fit will be the best. Aftermarket pieces just never seem to be as good. Have your vin ready when you call. If the dealer doesn't have it, there are places in the Land Rover magazines you may try. Sorry I can't list any specific sites.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:30 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Weatherstripping / Window Felt

ORIGINAL: Mark G

Did you try the Land Rover dealer? The items I've gotten from our local Land Rover Dealer have been priced fairly compared to the aftermarket suppliers. Sometimes they are actually cheaper than the internet sites. I talked to them about buying parts and if they would work with me, so they run me under a discounted rate, now. It's only about 10 or 15% less,but still it helps.

For restoration work I've done, the first place I look is the dealer just because the quality and fit will be the best. Aftermarket pieces just never seem to be as good. Have your vin ready when you call. If the dealer doesn't have it, there are places in the Land Rover magazines you may try. Sorry I can't list any specific sites.
I live out in BFE...but looks like I will have to try the dealer..not having luck anywhere else online.