Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wet Floor! Leaking AC? Rear Door Locks wont unlock? only "super lock"

Old 11-20-2007, 09:38 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wet Floor! Leaking AC? Rear Door Locks wont unlock? only "super lock"

I bought a 2002 Discovery SE7 last summer and LOVE it! But... The rear right door and cargo door lock wont unlock or lock but they will "superlock" The manual calls double clicking the lock button "superlocking". Why will they lock that way but not with just one click like the other 3 doors?andWhy wont those 2 doors unlock at all?

My other question is probably more important to figure out. When I run the A/C for a while the front passenger side floor gets soaked in water (under the floor mat). I tried to find where it was coming from and saw water dripping down the carpet from under the dash/center console. near the vent located under that area (kindof below the clock just above the carpet behind the dash)I am having troubles describing thelocation but picture sitting in thepassenger seat with your left footresting next to the center "hump" If it were leaning against the centerhump it mighthave waterrun down the carpet onto your foot.But its not coming from the vent. I checked the inside of that vent and it was dry.
Any ideas where this water is coming from or how to fix it?

Thanks you in advance for your help.

Also if anyone has the 03 headlight conversion instructions I would love to get them too. Thanks

Old 11-21-2007, 07:32 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: Wet Floor! Leaking AC? Rear Door Locks wont unlock? only "super lock"

You will need to crawl under the truck with a flash light, get under by the tranny and shine your light up onto the floor area on either side of the tranny. You will see a black nipple on either side that will probably be plugged. Normally if you just squeeze them between your two fingers that will release the mud plug and the water will start draining.
As for the locks, can you hear the lock trying to move when you push the remote? Sometimes they just need to be cleaned and lubed. A good test would be to lock and unlock the doors twice, slowly, and see if on the second unlock if that lock is now moving. I have one that needs that extra push to unlock itself, especially if it is cold out.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:32 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Default RE: Wet Floor! Leaking AC? Rear Door Locks wont unlock? only "super lock"

I cleared my drain plugs for the first time a few weeks ago. There's a good amount of water that drained from the passenger side, I'd say at least one or two cups of water. I used a short dowel to get the plugs going, and once the water was flowing, reached up with my fingers to "scrub" any debris that might remain. When I let go of the plug the water was flowing two or three times faster than before. Wear eye protection, and bring a second shirt. You may want to check the floorboards too.

-D2G

Old 11-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Check your drains, there are a couple of oictures in another post if you search.

PM me with your E-mail and I will send you the instructions for the conversion.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:15 PM
5th Gear

Thanks for the help. I found the A/C drain plugs under the car and they were definitely clogged. I got them all cleaned up and Hopefully the problem is solved.
Thanks OkDiscoGuy for the advice on the pics from the previous posts. I searched around and found them. They were really helpful!

I can hear the rear door trying to lock, but I dont hear anything when I try to unlock it. Does that make any sense?

Thanks again!!!

Old 05-23-2008, 04:32 PM
3rd Gear

I really wish this had more information on the lock/unlock issue, because that is EXACTLY what I am experiencing. It will superlock, but not unlock or lock. This just affects the driver's door.

It started when the battery died and I accidentally hit the lock button on the key. After I replaced the battery, the driver's side door stopped locking/unlocking. I can still open the door with the handle, super-lock the door, and lock/unlock the other doors. I don't believe it is the actuator, but I think it's some weird state the actuator ended up in. Short of pulling the door apart, does anybody have any idea how I might reset it.

BTW, it's a 2004 Discovery.

Old 05-24-2008, 12:44 PM
5th Gear

I never figured out how to fix mine. Let me know if you figure it out.

Thanks

Old 05-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

if its super locking, and not unlocking, then you wont be able to open the door... open the door, with a pen or something, close the latch. then lock it, if itll unlatch from the inside its not superlocked... anyway, the door latches have 2 seperate motors in them, a lock/unlock, and a superlock. if the lock/unlock motor is bad, it wont work, however the superlock motor would still be able to opperate