Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Shovel is supposed to be up on the rack not under the fuel tank. Bumper looks nice Dave!

007 looks good all cleaned up!

Spencer driving threw that water sounds fun lol its so dry here that peoples ponds are frickin all dried up. Crazy weather this year.

Going to change to the motorad 439-180° today and see where that brings my temps to.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:35 PM
TReK
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

I Drove my D2 from Boulder CO to Seattle. And, then it has been sitting. I started it up a few days ago. I went to look at a Mercedes Diesel. A 1987. The Mercedes was spitting out green fluid on the ground after idling 10 minutes. So I will avoid it. We are taking a 900 mile trip to California. In a rental car. Best way to not have to fix the Rover and spend a ton of gasoline is NOT DRIVE IT. I walk into town and back when I can. Of course, I still like driving the D2 when I can. It feels like a big big truck after not driving it for a month. Still think it is a turtle with wheels. Sure has steady steady steering compared to the D1. I bought it on a lark and as a hobby to fix it. I lucked out that it was OK after the head gaskets, O2 sensor and a few other little things.

Old 08-31-2012, 07:41 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spent the day swapping the stock rubber brake lines for extended SS lines. Or should I say, started the project for the third time. I started in the rear and found the lines so corroded/rusted onto the the upper brake fitting that I had to cut the metal lines. Knocked out the rear two today and will tackle the front two tomorrow. These things are the epitome of a love/hate relationship!

Old 08-31-2012, 08:40 PM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Yup^

If the water will stop threatening to flood my house and FedEx will get me my center all I would tackle that

Old 08-31-2012, 09:21 PM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just looked at mine today, I needed a break.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:01 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Up for Saturday. Change Plugs, change wires, remove plenum, remove valley pan, valve covers, hunt for oil leak, throttle body heater thing, reassemble in reverse order with new gaskets.

Might get an oil change in there as well.

Up next.
Transmission service including filter. Transfer case drain and fill. Maybe look for the leak there too. Wire driving lights. Make a trip to Houston for my sd rack and lights.

Good thing Monday is a holiday.

The following users liked this post:
DiscoID (04-21-2020)
Old 08-31-2012, 10:23 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by jfall
I Drove my D2 from Boulder CO to Seattle. And, then it has been sitting.
Wow how was that trip? I'd love to drive that!

Old 08-31-2012, 10:28 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by primussucks
Up for Saturday. Change Plugs, change wires, remove plenum, remove valley pan, valve covers, hunt for oil leak, throttle body heater thing, reassemble in reverse order with new gaskets.

Might get an oil change in there as well.

Up next.
Transmission service including filter. Transfer case drain and fill. Maybe look for the leak there too. Wire driving lights. Make a trip to Houston for my sd rack and lights.

Good thing Monday is a holiday.

Why Huston? And I just did my transmission, I bought an el cheapo pump, since the d2 fill plug is stupid, but it wasn't worth a damn, do I ran hose from the engine bay to the fill plug and put a funnel on the end. Worked great. Remember it takes more than 1 fill to really get all fluid out, hell when I got wanted in my transmission I think I drained it 6 times and still had water.

One more little price of info, if the store doesn't have the part also look it up in a d1 year, I find autozone and oreillys both are like this for filters and u joints.

Also every guide I read on doing this says it'll take 1-2 quarts when engine is off, well mine took 3.5 before it finally started dripping out the fill plug. After the 2nd one I was looking all over trying to figure out where my fluid was going since it should have been full by then.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Mudding

Finally, FedEx tracking said it finally left facility. I stopped the army guys at the front of the street in a hummer and asked them to give the FedEx guy my phone number cause it's still flooded where I'm at. He apparently came and left no call, I was bringing my sister to the bank and saw a fed ex truck sitting in a parking lot. I stopped just to ask and he had my centering ball. He did.

I went home remove driveshaft ujoints and centering ball in less than a hour.i have a feeling this won't fix my vibe ration. Everything seemed fine, I did have water in the driveshaft though. Oh well we will see

Old 09-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

I cleaned and installed my new-to-me wheels and tires; '04 Disco 16" wheels with a nearly new set of Hankook Dynapro ATM's.

Up next, replace a whole bunch of leaking upper end gaskets, TB heater block, gasket, and hoses, water pump, new radiator (the $150 one from Genesis, we'll see how it holds up build quality seems typical of a plastic/ aluminum radiator), hoses, and ignition tune-up.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?