Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Old 09-28-2014, 03:39 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D2 rear bumper fix

Here's a thought...I guess I'll post this in what'd ya do to ur LR 2day as well...So, sick of that POS rear bumper skin on my '00 D2, I tossed it in the trash...only problem: NO TURN SIGNALS...See my solution pix...got 2 LED trailer tail lights, fab;d a couple of brackets and mounted the lights in the existing cut-out's in the PLASTIC SUB-BUMPER...Check it out, it's pretty clean, very affordable and OUT OF THE WAY!!!
The mangled left light was the kicker...I had to do a small amount of bondo filler at that location and painted it with an entire can of urethane bedliner, multiple coats...I don't think the whole shebang was much more than $40...

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-20140816_183207.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-20140816_183257.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-20140712_172119.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-20140821_190539-2.jpg  
Old 09-28-2014, 04:58 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts

Patched a hole in my right headlight and crack in my right tail light with clear silicone. Attempted to extract the broken bolt for the serpentine belt shield, and ended up breaking off the extractor in the bolt. Somewhat bent back into rough shape the lower left rear fender (behind the wheel) and zip tied it to the inner fender shield. This is from the rear of my Disco eating a Honda Civic which rear ended me going about 20MPH faster than I was. After nearly rolling it from being knocked onto my two right wheels at a 45* angle, I drove it off the road and found he knocked off my resonator, broke a zip tie holding on my rear bumper cover, and folded my fender in a bit. His car: Totaled!

Old 09-29-2014, 01:03 AM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Went and rescued him from the remote Mountain location the wifelet left him.

Idle Air Bypass (?) was unplugged.

Was leaning towards a d24t swap, then was offered a running driving ScoutII Diesel fro a grand.....

Whelp, looks like I'll be driving a Franken-Patrol next spring.... !

Old 09-29-2014, 07:21 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 938 Likes on 631 Posts

Cut out the right hand catalytic converter beside the road because a misfire got gas in the cat causing it to melt, clog, and glow red. Had to get home somehow. Next will be coils to fix the misfire.

Old 09-30-2014, 04:42 PM
4th Gear
Default Engine work

Had a slight misfire so I was going to replace just the spark plugs but went ahead and replaced the spark plugs, wires, distributor, intake gasket since I had to take off the intake manifold and put a new battery in. Nothing money can't fix.

Old 09-30-2014, 04:45 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Bingaching
Had a slight misfire so I was going to replace just the spark plugs but went ahead and replaced the spark plugs, wires, distributor, intake gasket since I had to take off the intake manifold and put a new battery in. Nothing money can't fix.
You should get your truck checked out by a professional mechanic.

It shouldn't have a distributor in it!

Old 10-01-2014, 07:22 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

It shouldn't have a distributor in it!

Old 10-01-2014, 08:49 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Bingaching

Sorry I meant coil.

Old 10-05-2014, 07:24 PM
Mudding
Default D2 instument HELP!!!

SSoo, I'm preparing to hard wire a VDO coolant sensor into my '00 D2. I've got the console mounting almost done, see pics, a bit of final cosmetics... The place I'm in is 1) where to pick-up current for the gauge itself and 2) where to get the current for the instrument light itself. I'm thinking that the main operating current is going to come from the Yellow ignition lead and the light from the F 31 in the passenger fuse panel.
If anyone has any expertise in this area, and has a better solution, please let me know.
Secondly and at this point, the more troublesome part: removing the instrument cluster cover from the dash, so as to fish the wiring in from the engine compartment, down to the fuse panel and to mount the new coolant sensor and housing to the existing cluster/cover. It would seem, at this point, that these are the easier part of this installation.
The more troublesome portion, seems to be REMOVING the cluster. As far as I can tell from RAVE, there are a total of 4 screws holding the thing down...except in my case...there are,, apparently, NO SCREWS! It appears, that some where along the line, some ROCKET SCIENTIST had it all apart and neglected to re-install all the screws...OK, fine, whatever. The problem is, I can lift the cover, but it seems/is like hinging at the front/windshield end...SOOO, if anyone has a clue what's going on there, I could really use some help there! I have a nasty habit of breaking battery doors and other UN-co-operative plastic, WTFO, anything...
Thanks for any insights, particularly into getting the flippin' cover off the instruments...w/out breaking it!!!

Here's a few pics of the not quite ready for prime time housing...the one on the tool box is a carbon face plate...but I screwed the radius up on it, so I replaced it with a glass one...the carbon was in my storage and was too lazy to drive and get it...I haven't decided whether to make the whole thing outta carbon or paint the glass one...

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-20140815_175406.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-20140714_180042.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-20140715_192124.jpg  
Old 10-05-2014, 07:26 PM
Mudding
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

drove it 300 miles round trip to go camping with the kids in NH. At one point I told the kids, "let's go for a drive" hoping to find a nice spot to get some action. Found a reservoir with a small rock beach to drive on

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-2014-10-04-13.07.12.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?