Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

I finally replaced my front passenger power window motor after having the new part for close to 2 years.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Today I replaced:

- Radiator
- Water Pump
- Thermostat
- All hoses except heater and upper set.
- Wireset
- Valve Cover Gaskets
- Intake plenum gasket

Cool things that happened along the way:
- Found out that the PO was lazy and only changed plugs and not wires. Found a set of almost new NGK Iridium plugs installed. Good to go for the next 100k!
- My "you get what you pay for" $150 new radiator fit like a glove. Quality is impressive, will keep everyone updated on it's performance.
- New hot idle temperature: 194ºF

**** things that happened along the way:
- New Belt didn't fit. Why? Because a PO removed the idler pulley below the A/C compressor. I guess I can't complain about 1 kludge...
- The AT cooler line on the driver's side decided that today was a good day to leak like a sieve upon reassembly.
- I got coolant in my eye, safety goggles be damned.

So, looks like a cooler line is in my future.

Last edited by Racer X; 09-09-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mr. Clean magic earasered a lot of mud stained interior parts as well as the leather and other mucky stuff. Trying to make her clean before I tuffen her up.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

refinished my wheel well arches, going to glue them back on tomorrow. went over to lr2001silvers house and got the hook up on a new conversion cdl shifter for my 2000 disco II, from a d1 so I don't have to crawl underneath anymore. got a complete rear wiper assembly.... motor and all. new horn buttons, and some sunroof parts...

lots of toys to play with this week!

Old 09-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Mudding

Removed my (partial) brush guard. I had the center frame only of the brush guard that DISCOROVER007 has on his truck (see post #8 https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...39/#post341234).

I think PO bent one of the sides, you can see the right screw hole is tweaked enough that the paint had chipped, so the sides had been removed. This is what it had looked like.

I tried to find a reasonably priced set of side bars to replace the ones that had been removed, but I struck out. I am not even sure if the right one would have gone on straight anyway.
Now that it is off, I really like the clean look.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:11 PM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

I have to agree with you there; is does look much cleaner without the light guards

Old 09-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Mudding

@drowssap, no, that is the thing I took off. When I bought it, that was the only thing on it (what you are referring to as the light guards were already gone).
Now I just have a normal front bumper.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshman
Removed my (partial) brush guard. I had the center frame only of the brush guard that DISCOROVER007 has on his truck (see post #8 https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...39/#post341234).

I think PO bent one of the sides, you can see the right screw hole is tweaked enough that the paint had chipped, so the sides had been removed. This is what it had looked like.

I tried to find a reasonably priced set of side bars to replace the ones that had been removed, but I struck out. I am not even sure if the right one would have gone on straight anyway.
Now that it is off, I really like the clean look.
Honestly the lamp bars would probably due more damage than good in an accident. But I'm keeping mine on for the time being. Yours looks good like that though.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer X
Today I replaced:

- Radiator
- Water Pump
- Thermostat
- All hoses except heater and upper set.
- Wireset
- Valve Cover Gaskets
- Intake plenum gasket

Cool things that happened along the way:
- Found out that the PO was lazy and only changed plugs and not wires. Found a set of almost new NGK Iridium plugs installed. Good to go for the next 100k!
- My "you get what you pay for" $150 new radiator fit like a glove. Quality is impressive, will keep everyone updated on it's performance.
- New hot idle temperature: 194ºF

**** things that happened along the way:
- New Belt didn't fit. Why? Because a PO removed the idler pulley below the A/C compressor. I guess I can't complain about 1 kludge...
- The AT cooler line on the driver's side decided that today was a good day to leak like a sieve upon reassembly.
- I got coolant in my eye, safety goggles be damned.

So, looks like a cooler line is in my future.
What is this $150 dollar radiator you speak of? Can you give us a before and after temperature comparison?

Old 09-12-2012, 09:31 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yanked my IM to be ready for new coil packs tomorrow and took a picture of the truck with the new tires: 265/65/18 Cooper Discoverer AT/3

Suspension is still stock

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-img_3988.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Roont (07-28-2023)

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?