Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Regulators

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Regulators

Hey all,

Has anyone had trouble logging in because of the ask the mechanic popup? [:@]

Anyways - My drivers window has developed a slight popping noise when it is going down. I read a thread about the brass rollers going bad and want to check that out.

I would like to know (because I don't want to goof it up) how do you remove the interior door panel for access to the inner workings?

Thanks for any responses

Robert

Old 02-07-2009, 07:48 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Window Regulators

Remove the screw holding the trim piece behind the door handle and 2 bolts holding the arm rest on. Once those are removed gently pry the door panel away from the door trying not to break the clips. Not too tough.

The factory regulators use plastic rollers that wear out, not brass. The brass rollers are an upgrade that I highly recommend if you have a bad regulator. The costs for the 3 brass rollers for the front door is going to be the same as a new regulator and will last a lot longer, if not forever. I bought a new regulator from AB before I found out about the brass roller upgrade but next time one of my regulators fail I am going to rebuild it with the brass rollers rather than replacing the whole regulator.

I had a popping sound when I tried to put my window down after installing the new regulator. Turns out that a loose bolt was and catching something inside the door. Once you have the interior panel off make sure all the bolts are tight. If they are, then it's probably time for a new regulator or rebuild your existing one.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:26 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Window Regulators

Cool Beans - I figured it would be simple enough, just something I've never done!

Thanks

Robert