Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windscreen Wiper Arms

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 06:44 AM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts
Default Windscreen Wiper Arms

So I need some help from the experienced members on here. I own a LHD 2003 D2 TD5. At present it has the 'clip on' type front windscreen wiper blades BUT they don't appear to sell the better aero type wiper blades for this model type. So I want to change the front wiper arms in part or total to the earlier more common 'hook' type wiper arms, is this possible?

My wiper blades are 21" or 530mm long.

Wiper Blades Ltd. | Suppliers of Quality Windscreen Wiper Blades.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:42 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 846 Likes on 633 Posts

Find an old Disco I and take the wiper arms off of that.
That's what I plan on doing.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:52 AM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
So I need some help from the experienced members on here. I own a LHD 2003 D2 TD5. At present it has the 'clip on' type front windscreen wiper blades BUT they don't appear to sell the better aero type wiper blades for this model type. So I want to change the front wiper arms in part or total to the earlier more common 'hook' type wiper arms, is this possible?

My wiper blades are 21" or 530mm long.

Wiper Blades Ltd. | Suppliers of Quality Windscreen Wiper Blades.
Wil a wiper arm be different on a LHD 2003 D2 TD5. I know Lucky8 sells the conversion arms, the one with hooks at the end. I just replaced my blade yesterday and that was my last set of the original ones. Ill be replacing them too soon.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:37 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 942 Likes on 633 Posts

Should be the same. That said, I just pryed and broke all the hardware off the end of my factory arms and stuck a small bolt through the hole in the arm to hold the standard blades on.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:24 AM
TReK
Received 652 Likes on 559 Posts

You definitely want to change the DII arms to the DI style. You can get the whole lot in a kit (from the US or on your side of The Pond) or just buy the bits separately (new or used). Here is a list of the parts and a vid... it's cheap, easy, and worth doing>>> Land Rover Discovery 2 Wiper Blades - Part # WAU
Here are some better pics on L8's ebay page > Land Rover Discovery 2 99-04 Upgrade Wiper Arm Kit New | eBay

Last edited by OverRover; 02-19-2017 at 10:35 AM.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:16 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

By far the best thing I've done to my disco thus far is switching to D1 arms. More blade choices, and much cheaper blades. Plus it's easier to change them out, which is nice.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:02 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by OverRover
You definitely want to change the DII arms to the DI style. You can get the whole lot in a kit (from the US or on your side of The Pond) or just buy the bits separately (new or used). Here is a list of the parts and a vid... it's cheap, easy, and worth doing>>> Land Rover Discovery 2 Wiper Blades - Part # WAU
Here are some better pics on L8's ebay page > Land Rover Discovery 2 99-04 Upgrade Wiper Arm Kit New | eBay

Literally just ordered the retrofit D1 wiper arm kit complete with winter blades last week. Got sick and tired of dicking around with the D2 wiper arms. I actually replaced my D2 arms last year with new units, thinking that would make them work better but NOPE. Plus as everyone else has pointed out replacement blades are hard to come by without ordering offline and waiting afew days. So D1 wiper arm kit is the best option at the moment.

Old 02-19-2017, 02:19 PM
Baja

A big thanks to all of you guys as at least now I know which direction I'm headed. It looks like D1 wiper arms with aero blades for me. I'll checkout the links that have been published on here.

Once again, many thanks it's really appreciated.

Old 02-19-2017, 02:50 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

i went with D1 arms, first thing i ever changed after buying the truck. just made the mistake though of not tightening the nuts down on the arms and the driver side splined shaft stript out on me first rain fall. luckly all i did was blue lock tight and tighten the nut down and its been 8 months or longer and no problems.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:05 PM
Baja

A big thanks to all of you guys as at least now I know which direction I'm headed. It looks like D1 wiper arms with aero blades for me. I'll checkout the links that have been published on here.

Once again, many thanks it's really appreciated.
Now in France where LHD D1's abound you might have thought I'd find wiper arms, no chance, so maybe now in Germany. I looked at Ebay UK but they have lots of RHD wiper arms for a D1 but LHD wiper arms are as 'rare as rocking horse poo'. I may well order them from the good ole USofA and sod the freight costs.

Quick Reply: Windscreen Wiper Arms