Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet another door lock issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 08:55 AM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another door lock issue

I have searched on here and found several threads that generally address this issue but, none of them ever seemed to resolve the problem.
My 02 Disco locks will not work with the key fob, when I try to lock it I just get a beep from the horn as if one of the doors is ajar. Also, the dome light stays on and the warning tone continues to sound with the key in the ignition but all the doors closed. The central locking switch will unlock and unlock all the doors except the drivers door. I can lock the drivers door manually with the key and use the central locking switch to lock the others but this is annoying. It is acting as if, whatever reports to the computer that the drivers door is closed, is not doing that. My question is, what tells the computer that the door is closed?
Thanks for any help...I'm not really stupid, just new to Land Rovers and a bit stubborn which can often look just like stupid.
Hildy

Old 06-29-2015, 12:01 PM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

I believe its the electronic signal from the door lock actuators in the doors.

Some members have found that a faulty hood sensor is the culprit. It's on the driver side just behind/above the airbox position.

Play with that thing.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:58 PM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

also check to make sure the rear door , someone had a similar problem a few weeks ago and the door was not closed all the way.

Last edited by drowssap; 06-29-2015 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:04 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by abran
I believe its the electronic signal from the door lock actuators in the doors.

Some members have found that a faulty hood sensor is the culprit. It's on the driver side just behind/above the airbox position.

Play with that thing.
Thanks for the tip. I checked the switch for the hood and found that it was not working. I bypassed it but my problem is exactly the same. I'm starting to think that my fix is going to be changing the actuator in the driver door.

Old 07-12-2015, 10:11 AM
8th Gear

Well, I am back with the same issue. I replaced the door lock actuator with a new one and the issue is the same. When I use the key fob the only thing that happens is a beep from the horn. The dome light will not go out, and the door alarm continues to sound when the keys are in the ignition and the door is closed. I can lock all the other doors with the central locking switch and lock the drivers door manually, after that the central locking switch or the key fob will unlock all the doors including the drivers door. For some reason the computer thinks the door is not closed when it is.