Discovery Sport Talk about the new 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport

2015 Discovery Sport Owner Review

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 01:29 PM
Drifting
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytoman
Hey HSE LUX. We went and looked at a couple of Rpods today. I think we are going to abandon our plans to buy a couple of PWCs and get one of those trailers instead! We are already planning trips!
We just returned from a Yosemite weekend and were surprised to find another Discovery Sport driving around the Valley. Indus silver, black roof and what looked like 18” SE grey rims sporting a Texas plate. Our Discovery again preformed very well towing our RPod and has definitely exceeded our expectations. FYI - After trying out the solar charging system for the RPod we would recommend a small Honda generator instead. It’s about the same price as the higher watt Zamp panels and you never have to worry about it being cloudy all day when you don't have full hookups.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:48 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jersey2Cali
California HSE owners-

Did the dealership include a front license plate bracket? We didn't receive one. How did you mount it?

Thanks,

Ken
Our dealer included the front license plate mounting bracket with our purchase here in California but we have yet to install it. You have to drill holes into the vehicle to mount it properly. Between our front view camera (located lower center grill) and part of our (AEB) Autonomous Emergency Braking System located inside the front bumper on our model (according to a Land Rover Rep we spoke with) we probably won’t install it unless we forced to do so.

Old 09-17-2015, 02:19 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 116 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by HSE_LUX
Our dealer included the front license plate mounting bracket with our purchase here in California but we have yet to install it. You have to drill holes into the vehicle to mount it properly. Between our front view camera (located lower center grill) and part of our (AEB) Autonomous Emergency Braking System located inside the front bumper on our model (according to a Land Rover Rep we spoke with) we probably won’t install it unless we forced to do so.
We also received a front bracket. I'll never install it though.

Old 09-21-2015, 04:50 PM
Rock Crawling

HSE_LUX
have you seen this hitch setup yet?

Attached Thumbnails 2015 Discovery Sport Owner Review-image.jpeg  
Old 09-21-2015, 09:39 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Daytoman
HSE_LUX
have you seen this hitch setup yet?
Is that setup for the 7 seat model? It looks like the receiver sticks out a little farther than on ours and I don’t see the safety chain securing loops to the sides of the receiver, are they mounted back underneath with the electrics plug? The panel looks cleaner and more as if it has been factory finished than the cutout.

Old 09-22-2015, 04:57 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by HSE_LUX
Is that setup for the 7 seat model? It looks like the receiver sticks out a little farther than on ours and I don’t see the safety chain securing loops to the sides of the receiver, are they mounted back underneath with the electrics plug? The panel looks cleaner and more as if it has been factory finished than the cutout.

Yeah I like that panel. Im not sure if this is a 5 or 7 seater in the picture yet but Im finding out.

Here are the part numbers given to me:
For 7 seat-VPLCT0141
For 5 seat-VPLCT0143
Bumper cover- LR061295
Tow bar electrics-VPLCT0157

The following users liked this post:
HSE_LUX (09-25-2015)
Old 09-22-2015, 05:01 PM
Rock Crawling

Ok thats the 7 seater. Uses the same bumper cover.

The following users liked this post:
HSE_LUX (09-25-2015)
Old 09-28-2015, 12:30 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 129 Likes on 118 Posts

Very informative! Even as a disco3 guy I think the sport's are pretty cool.

I've seen you on 680! I figured there's so few of the things around there couldn't be that many here yet. Let me know if you plan on hitting the trails with the thing once you get a few dings on it!