Discovery Sport Talk about the new 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport

Discovery Sport 2016 - 3rd Row and Vision Assist

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 07:24 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discovery Sport 2016 - 3rd Row and Vision Assist

Hi - Im very interesting in getting the Discovery Sport 2016 with a 3rd row (for two small kids) but am also interested in the Vision Assist package with the surround camera system.

Two questions - I dont see the ision Assist package with the surround camera system on the Land Rover website (USA) and can you get this with the 3rd row option - I was told last year that it was not available on the 2015 but would be available on the 2016.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-27-2015, 09:55 PM
Drifting
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ralz
Hi - Im very interesting in getting the Discovery Sport 2016 with a 3rd row (for two small kids) but am also interested in the Vision Assist package with the surround camera system.

Two questions - I dont see the ision Assist package with the surround camera system on the Land Rover website (USA) and can you get this with the 3rd row option - I was told last year that it was not available on the 2015 but would be available on the 2016.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
We completed our build sheet in October 2014 for our 2015 model and that was the last time we saw both the 3rd row seating and the Vision assist package offered together on the Land Rover website. After we put in our build order with the dealer, which included both options, the factory came back a few weeks later and said that we could not get the Vision assist package with the surround camera system and the 3rd row seats together due to a weight issue. We thought it was kind of odd to be told it was due to a weight issue but it is what it is I guess. We were also told there was no ETA for ordering both together here in the U.S. so we just went ahead and just opted for the Vision assist surround camera package over the 3rd row seats.
We use our Vision assist package DAILY and I don’t think if we had opted for the 3rd row seats we would’ve even utilized them once yet. With 2nd row seats that are comfortable, have lots of headroom, side back and recline it would have been a tough sell to get the kids to ride in the 3rd row but it would’ve been nice to have if needed in a pinch.

Right now there is some sort of hold on new orders with a surround camera system. It looks as though Land Rover has separated out the Vision Assist surround camera features from the package but is still offering the other package items separate. We will see what we can find out.

Last edited by HSE_LUX; 09-27-2015 at 10:06 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:10 AM
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HSE_LUX
We completed our build sheet in October 2014 for our 2015 model and that was the last time we saw both the 3rd row seating and the Vision assist package offered together on the Land Rover website. After we put in our build order with the dealer, which included both options, the factory came back a few weeks later and said that we could not get the Vision assist package with the surround camera system and the 3rd row seats together due to a weight issue. We thought it was kind of odd to be told it was due to a weight issue but it is what it is I guess. We were also told there was no ETA for ordering both together here in the U.S. so we just went ahead and just opted for the Vision assist surround camera package over the 3rd row seats.
We use our Vision assist package DAILY and I don’t think if we had opted for the 3rd row seats we would’ve even utilized them once yet. With 2nd row seats that are comfortable, have lots of headroom, side back and recline it would have been a tough sell to get the kids to ride in the 3rd row but it would’ve been nice to have if needed in a pinch.

Right now there is some sort of hold on new orders with a surround camera system. It looks as though Land Rover has separated out the Vision Assist surround camera features from the package but is still offering the other package items separate. We will see what we can find out.
My off the lot 2015 came with 360 camera (which I assume is in Vision Assist) and no 3rd row, which, like you, I probably never would have used. I looked on the LR web site for the 2016s and the options seem much more limited than for the 2015s. I have heard that Adaptive Cruise Control isn't an option any longer either due to weight. Strange. I guess the extra radar needed is too heavy. It's too bad. I might have wanted that for the my next DS (or maybe I'll move up to the Range Rover Sport next time). I'm thinking I got lucky because I have the Vision Assist and many others don't have it and can't get it in what they are ordering.

Old 01-06-2019, 05:40 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told by a dealer that these 2 options are impossible because of the wiring for the vision assist and the configuration or something with the third row. Didnt really make sense.