Discovery Sport Talk about the new 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport

"Low Battery Please Start Engine" warnings + other problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 09:29 AM
8th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default "Low Battery Please Start Engine" warnings + other problems

2016 Discovery Sport HSE - 2,400 miles - first we have a problem of the radio intermittently forgetting all the Sirius Radio presets and not letting us change channels.

Now first start in the morning is greeted with the warning noted in the title. Has happened 6 or 7 times now, and when we get that warning we lose the Sirius radio controls noted above.

Also we get a metallic sounding rattle from under the car under hard acceleration, sounds like some kind of guard is rattling.

Not been to dealer yet- hope to this week.

Anyone else had any of the above and have know solutions?

Attached Thumbnails "Low Battery Please Start Engine" warnings + other problems-img_1850.jpg   "Low Battery Please Start Engine" warnings + other problems-img_1846.jpg  
Old 11-06-2015, 04:29 PM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by lenvo65
2016 Discovery Sport HSE - 2,400 miles - first we have a problem of the radio intermittently forgetting all the Sirius Radio presets and not letting us change channels.

Now first start in the morning is greeted with the warning noted in the title. Has happened 6 or 7 times now, and when we get that warning we lose the Sirius radio controls noted above.

Also we get a metallic sounding rattle from under the car under hard acceleration, sounds like some kind of guard is rattling.

I believe that several people have had the above problems and there are fixes available from LR. I think the latest fix scheduled for my car deals with losing Sirius radio presets, but I don't use Sirius so I'm not sure. Do some searches on the discoverysport.net forum and the discosportforums.co.uk. Bulletins are available from JLR's TOPIx web site, but you have to pay to view them (you can sign up for a free account and enter your VIN to see if there are any specific bulletins available for your car).

Old 11-12-2015, 03:04 PM
Drifting
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lenvo65

We had a problem with FM on our radio similar to your XM problem. On ours we would lose all AM/FM stations but XM & USB would still work. We were able to show the dealer a video of the issue happening live. With the help of the video, they were able to replicate the issue and the dealer changed out our radio. We’ve had zero problems with it since.
If it acts up again, try to switch “source” to FM/AM/USB and see if it continues to do the same thing. Have your cell phone handy to video what it does when you switch between sources and stations, this will help them diagnose the problem with the unit.
On the metallic sound, again we had a similar problem. We narrowed the problem down to only happening when we were making left turns under acceleration. It was indeed a metal guard making the noise; ours was the shield located behind the front brake rotor.

Old 01-07-2016, 02:23 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone else on another forum was having the underbody rattle: Apparently the culprit was a loose heat shield or something near the drive train or under the engine. If you let your LR dealer know to start checking there - it should be no problem to fix! Let us know how it goes?

Old 01-07-2016, 04:46 PM
8th Gear
Default Belated update

So I should have updated this - on our varous problems:

Good news - metallic rattle under car was fixed in one visit and not returned;

Bad News - three separate visits, two radio software updates, and replacement of the Nav SD card reader (which dealer seemingly broke while "fixing" the radio on the first visit) and the radio still randomly forgets everything about Sirius. Yesterday my wife started the car planning to return from a destination away from our home and all radio and Navigation history was lost, had to put in home address; next time she started the car it was all back.

Not Sure- the Low Battery warning has not returned after a software update and battery replacement, but reading other forum postings on this topic with other LR models, seems I may just be waiting for the battery to drain enough to get to the warning again.

Old 02-03-2017, 01:32 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low battery warnings

I also got this today after taking my landrover discovery sport plus HSE to Lookers Bishops stortford for multiple recalls (annoying enough)
It was fine before and has been so for a year. Now i have the same battery warning and even worse on the main screen where it tells me continually that it will shut down in three minutes unless the engien is running. This happened imemdiately after they did the wor on the recalls. Not at all happy. My first ever landrover. Guess back to BMW next time