Discovery Sport Talk about the new 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport

OEM Dealer installed tow hitch

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 03:02 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default OEM Dealer installed tow hitch

Having owned many many Land rover and Range Rovers then this problem should have come as no surprise, I mean you buy a new 2016 Driscovery Sport HSE LUX and you think it should all be good.... yea right!

So orded the car, not a problem but was informed that I could not have factory installed tow hitch and electrics but we could have it installed at the dealership. Due to this being a 2016 then we could not have BSM but that is a minor thing but was dissapointed after the Range Rover Evoque having it.

Car came as expected now the fun begins. We were on a dead line as I have to travel about 1000 miles to FL towing so I needed that hitch and electrics. As part of the deal they would install and fit it for free! recieved a call saying they there is only ONE in the US and they were trying ti get it. Clock moves on and sure enough they got it. Installed it, very nice job... Now the back up camera is not working properly, firing off the park sensors randomly, the guid lines do there own thing and it throws the language into every thing but English... Put it in to drive and every thing comes back as it should.....

Contacted the dealer about this and they are working on it, still working on it, still working on it. Eventually I hear that they should have not fitted it due to it not being compliant and there is no known fix. Stop order placed on all delarship fittings as they try and work out the issue.

Contacted Land Rover customer service and got a nice guy who did not have a clue and failed to return calls as promised.

Now the car is in FL, it does not effect the towing only reversing even if no trailer is attached. Finally got word that Land Rover has shipped a new camera to the dealer in MD..

So moral of the story, if you are wanting a hitch make sure that it's installed at the factory and not at the dealership..

The extra wheelbase of the Disco Sport makes for a very good towing platform and the 9 speed box and updated software on the engine makes for less of that rubber band feeling compared with the Evoque. Carrying capacity is also improved over the evoque, bigger car and I did not get the 7 seat version.

Over all I like the Disco Sport. It rides alot better than the Evoque and averages 29 MPG. Some of the fittings are not as nice as the Evoque but for the price point then I am happy.