Forum Help & Suggestion Center This section is NOT for vehicle technical questions. This section is for problems or suggestions for the forum itself.

Freelander won't start

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 02:13 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Freelander won't start

I was driving on the highway in my Freelander SE3 when I suddenly lost all power. No lights or warnings. Ever since it won't start. Got it towed and checked for codes. Its giving me p1472 & p1470. I checked the internet and what I read was either the fuses, wiring or one of the VIS motors is bad. Checked fuses, good. Took off the motors but can't tell whether it could be the wiring or one of the motors.

So my questions are this, 1. Would these codes/problem prevent the truck from starting/running? Or is this just another problem on top of what is preventing the car from starting.

2. If it is in fact one of the motors how can I be sure which motor or the wiring?

Please help.

Old 08-24-2014, 12:57 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Hi Mandy - welcome to the forum although I'm sure you would prefer it to be under better circumstances.

I know how frustrating it can be to open yourself up to assistance and not receive a reply. Obviously there is an issue with power and you don't know how to fix it. Unfortunately, neither do I. I suspect that you haven't received any replies to your question because many of the experienced mechanical minds on this forum don't believe in Freelanders. Many of them call it a POS with a Land Rover Badge (harsh, I know). If you haven't figured out the issue by now perhaps you could repost your thread in the 'Freelander' section. You may have better luck there with like-minded individuals that would be able to answer your questions. Click on the Forum drop down at the top of the page, select Vehicle Line-up and then Freelander.

Best of luck.

Last edited by landlover_1; 08-24-2014 at 01:00 PM.