Freelander Talk about the Land Rover Freelander within.

Continuous Problems ....

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 01:08 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Continuous Problems ....

I've been moved to join the forum to ask about Freelander reliability generally. I work on an EU mission in Eastern Europe that has about 15 Defender 110's and about the same number of Freelander TD4's. The Defenders are ugly, uncomfortable and noisy (and from time to time bits fall off) - but they work. The freelanders on the other hand are pretty and nice looking (and comfortable) but incredibly unreliable - there have been non stop problems and since the fleet hit the 1 year 40,000km mark they have all just basically fallen to pieces - fuel pumps, oil pumps, turbochargers - bits just fall off. The main recurring fault with ALL the vehicles is a loss of power, smoke from the exhaust, vibration (withengine management system warning light on). I can't believe that they can be so unreliable. To add to our woes the Landrover dealers seem to stock no parts whatsoever (and deliveries take weeks) and seem generally incapableof diagnosing the problems.

Are all Freelanders so bad ? I have worked on projects around the world that have used Nissan and Toyota vehicles (pick ups mostly) and can honestly say they were far more reliable and dependable.

Any views ?