Go Back   Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum > Vehicle Line Up > Freelander
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2011, 03:19 PM

Angry freelander v6 2.5 cylinders 1and 3 misfire

yep another freelander . i have 02 freelander v6 2.5 l from the moment the i start the car cylinder #1 and# 3 not firing but cylinder 5 it was working fine check compression on those cylinders and the result was #1,150 #3 ,150#5 .150 .. i got good spark in all the coils and fuel going into the intake i figure let's take the head off something is wrong there 1000 bolts later i find out one of the camshaft was in bad shape , i say ok problem solve i went to buy another head send it to the machine shop have it rebuilt put that on timing perfect i spin the engine few times everthing looking good start the car and still having the same problem cylinder 1 and 3 misfiring i dont what to think ,good spark ,good on fuel ,good on timing ,good on compression what else could be any ideas ecu maybe ? thanks
Old 08-06-2011, 09:23 AM

Did you have the fuel pump recall done? if you didnt then get it done to see if it is causing any issues. if it was done, add some coolant dye to see if coolant is getting into the cylinders some other way. Finally, swap the coils individually to see if it changes from five to six.

Land Rover technician Got a problem just ask. If you are a fellow LR tech then I would like to hear from you.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:44 PM

Is the misfire readily apparent as a rough idle or other? The misfire code is generated by a change in engine speed, and may be related to a cam or crank sensor.
02 RR - 45K
04 Freelander - KV6 - reset liners
02 Freelander 125k Added a brush bar.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:44 PM

Tags
02, 13, 25, coils, cylinder, cylinders, firing, freelander, land, misfire, miss, number, numbering, problems, rover, v6