Freelander Talk about the Land Rover Freelander within.
View Poll Results: Please advice on how to unlock my super locked landrover
brake the into the car
28.57%
get the aa to do it for £150
0%
smash the car to pieces
28.57%
sort it by maself
42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

My land rover is super locked

Old 09-20-2011, 09:40 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile My land rover is super locked

Hello,
I am looking for some advice on how to unlock my freelander serengeti 2003
It locked over the night and I cannot put the key in the door or unlock it in any way. I was thinking of triggering the fire alaram and then reset the locking system. Do you think it will work? Is there any other way to get in the car? I was told that I have to put the into the ignition to reset it but it's impossible.
I have no spare key either.
Thank you for your advice!

Old 09-20-2011, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

If superlocked, breaking glass won't help much because door handles are also disabled. Not sure if the inertia switch triggering would unlock. Really good locksmith? Tow to dealer?

Old 09-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

what is AA going to do? use a crowbar and a door stop to wedge it open so they can try and unlock it from the inside? that won't do anything with superlock engaged.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:30 PM
3rd Gear

Thanks for your quick replies.
I was in touch with AA yesterday and they said it can be done for £150 but the guy I spoke to on the phone didn't really know what the super lock is.
I was trying to jiggle the car as I thought that the alarm would go off and I will be able to reset the locking system that didn't work either. I also went to the scrap yard today and they have the window I need for £25 so smashing and changing the window sounds like the cheapest option. I should be able to reset the locking system when I get in the car. What do you guys think?

Old 09-20-2011, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

The RAVE manual for your vehicle says superlock also disables the door latches. So even if you break the window you can't open a door. There is the vehicle battery and a separate smaller battery. Perhaps one of the dealer techs will comment after their shops close down here in the US.

Not sure if the logic of the system demands driver door be unlocked and opened before inserting key to turn off system.

The security system is built to protect the bags of gold that all Rover owners are expected to transport to the dealerships on a regular basis. Or perhaps that Monet that you picked up at the estate sale. If they break into mine, they'll find a week's supply of oil in that box in the cargo area.

Old 09-20-2011, 06:41 PM

my understanding is the dealer is the only one that can use a programmed key using the vin to get it unlocked.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

Notes from RAVE:

Key Unlocking
Single point entry is a programmable feature and its selection affects how the vehicle responds to key unlock
requests:
l
Turning the top of the key once towards the front of a vehicle which is in a CDL state, with the alarm disarmed,
will unlock all the doors irrespective of their existing lock status

l
Turning the top of the key once towards the front of a vehicle in a superlocked state without SPE selected and
the alarm armed, will unlock all the doors irrespective of their existing lock status

l
Turning the top of the key once towards the front of a vehicle in a superlocked state with SPE selected and the
alarm armed, will unlock the driver's door. The remaining doors will unlock to the CDL state and can be unlocked
with a further key unlock operation

Remote Locking
On vehicles with superlocking selected the vehicle can be superlocked by pressing the lock button on the remote
handset once. On vehicles with superlocking not selected (market option) the vehicle can be CDL locked by pressing
the lock button on the remote handset once.
Remote Unlocking
With the vehicle CDL locked, pressing the unlock button on the remote handset once will unlock all doors.
If the vehicle is superlocked, pressing the unlock button once on the remote handset will only unlock the drivers door
for SPE. The remaining door(s) will unlock to the CDL state. If the button is pressed a second time, the remaining
door(s) will unlock.
NOTE: If the vehicle is superlocked and SPE has not been selected in the CCU, pressing the unlock button once on
the remote handset will unlock all the doors.
Central Locking Notes
Locking or unlocking using the vehicle key or remote handset is prevented if the CCU senses that the ignition is 'on'.
Using the key to lock the vehicle via the driver's key lock with the ignition 'on' will mechanically lock the driver's door.
Superlocking is prevented if the CCU senses that one or more doors are open. In this instance the CCU will attempt
to CDL lock all doors.
Inertia Switch
The inertia switch is located on the bulkhead in the engine compartment. The switch is mounted vertically and has a
reset button on its top surface, covered by a rubber boot.
If the inertia switch is tripped, with the ignition 'on' and the alarm disarmed, all the doors will be unlocked regardless
of their locked state at that time. Further locking is disabled unless:
the ignition is switched off and the driver's door is opened and closed

the driver's door is opened and closed and the inertia switch is manually reset
The inertia switch can be reset by depressing the button on the top of the switch.

Tail Door
The CCU also controls the tail door release. The tail door can only be opened if the vehicle is unlocked, the alarm is
not armed and the vehicle is travelling at not more than 3 mph.

So, do you have the key?

Old 09-21-2011, 03:26 PM
3rd Gear

Hi guys thanks for your concern!
I did it in my way (Russian way)

tools:
Hammer ( free )
duck tape ( £5 )
new window from the scrap yard (£25)

The car park was full of people stearing at me trying to brake the window. You wouldn't believe how hard was that window. I gave it a hard punch 5 times with a massive hammer and it didn't brake but I finally managed to smash the window. I put the keys into the ignition and guess what? The car didn't start. I am quite lucky as live next door to Halfords so I went there and one of their guys took a voltmeter to check the battery. The battery was so flat that it wasn't even able to turn on the display on voltmeter. I got a new battery for £80, started the car and was trying to unlock it with the engine running. It didn't help either so I took the keys out and pressed unlock button on my key fob a number of times and YES it opened! I have to give a very good feedback to Halfords as well as they were very helpful!
I don't think that AA would have fixed it for £150 maybe £150 plus £100 for the the battery or maybe even more. I think that smashing that window was the only one solution to open the car.

Last edited by barvas11; 09-21-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:40 PM

oh you silly russians....

Old 09-21-2011, 08:44 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by barvas11
Hi guys thanks for your concern!
I did it in my way (Russian way)

tools:
Hammer ( free )
duck tape ( £5 )
new window from the scrap yard (£25)

The car park was full of people stearing at me trying to brake the window. You wouldn't believe how hard was that window. I gave it a hard punch 5 times with a massive hammer and it didn't brake but I finally managed to smash the window. I put the keys into the ignition and guess what? The car didn't start. I am quite lucky as live next door to Halfords so I went there and one of their guys took a voltmeter to check the battery. The battery was so flat that it wasn't even able to turn on the display on voltmeter. I got a new battery for £80, started the car and was trying to unlock it with the engine running. It didn't help either so I took the keys out and pressed unlock button on my key fob a number of times and YES it opened! I have to give a very good feedback to Halfords as well as they were very helpful!
I don't think that AA would have fixed it for £150 maybe £150 plus £100 for the the battery or maybe even more. I think that smashing that window was the only one solution to open the car.
If that works, great! I wonder if the glass on these is bullet proof?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My land rover is super locked