Freelander Talk about the Land Rover Freelander within.

Problem with my 2002 freelander overheating !

Old 01-14-2017, 09:52 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with my 2002 freelander overheating !

Hi i have an issue with my 2002 freelander , so i recently did a coolant flush im new to landrover mind so i dont have alot of knowledge, so i replace the coolant and replace the coolant reservoir , i filled the resovir and it didnt take much coolant it only took one of coolant it would not take anymore so i turn it on and it didnt go down(the coolant didn't get lower) and this scared dude to the fact that i took out the coolant in the first place so im not sure why its not going lower i read online that there is a bleeder i opened the bleeder and coolant just came out and i closed i drover it around the other day but it would not over heat and just today in stop in go traffic it started to over heat i appreciate your help in advance thanks .

Old 02-24-2017, 01:18 AM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dconch12
Hi i have an issue with my 2002 freelander , so i recently did a coolant flush im new to landrover mind so i dont have alot of knowledge, so i replace the coolant and replace the coolant reservoir , i filled the resovir and it didnt take much coolant it only took one of coolant it would not take anymore so i turn it on and it didnt go down(the coolant didn't get lower) and this scared dude to the fact that i took out the coolant in the first place so im not sure why its not going lower i read online that there is a bleeder i opened the bleeder and coolant just came out and i closed i drover it around the other day but it would not over heat and just today in stop in go traffic it started to over heat i appreciate your help in advance thanks .
Hi , you don't say which power plant you have fitted , if it is the "K" series petrol engine this is a common problem with them , is your cooling system working well , i.e. good radiator , water pump and head gasket good not blown ?