Freelander Talk about the Land Rover Freelander within.

Front Windscreen Defogger

Old 05-17-2007, 06:03 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Windscreen Defogger

Have an 02' Freelander with a front windscreen defogger.
Problem is the passenger side is the only side that works, which can quickly aggrevate the driver, as theembedded defog wires are split into two sections in the window with one main switch activating both.In the seperate fuse compartment under the hood, the fuses are good in all locations. Could it be something loose in the wiring ? and where elsecould I check for the problem? The windshield was replaced a year ago because of a crack. Any ideas to help me see.

Blue M.... In Canada, snowed in!

Old 01-16-2017, 01:14 PM
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is an ancient thread but I thought my experience might help other owners. The driver’s side defrost was not working (I didn’t notice this until a recent cold snap), and of course I went into trouble shooting mode within the engine compartment fuse box. F34 fuse is for the left-side windshield and the ground side prong was indicating a lack of ground. I jumped F35 ground to F34 ground; still no joy. Long-story-short, when the windshield was replace about two years ago the power connector (located up and behind the battery) to the windshield wasn’t firmly connected to the windshield connector. A good squeeze and I now have both sides of the windshield defrosting. My experience is to check the windshield defrost and the rain sensor after a windshield replacement.

The following users liked this post:
Glyndwr (03-14-2017)