General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

ABS Light on but traction control still works... FRONT ABS Sensor replacement questio

Old 12-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation ABS Light on but traction control still works... FRONT ABS Sensor replacement questio

Symptoms my '00 D2 is having: Front Left and Right ABS Sensors have codes for low output which sets off the abs light.
Replaced the shuttle valve which fixed my T/C light but then, under light throttle, the T/C try's to work, by locking up the rear brakes cause those are the only ABS sensors that are good and the T/C works off of abs sensor signals. SO... When the Abs light is on, it doesn't mean the T/C won't work, it try's but only off of 2 ABS sensor signals which results in this awkward disaster which drags the rear wheels until I go over 10+mph then it stops trying and sets off the 3 amigos, until next time I start the truck and this happens again.
SO, first thing to do is fix the Abs sensors that I already know i have codes for.
Atlantic British is right down the road from me and I found out that they only sell the hardwired abs sensors and I had a few questions about how I should go about doing that.
Questions:
1) Where should I splice the left/right sensor wire in?
2) Before I pull the sensor out of the hub, are there any tips u might have or problems I might have?

-Thanks

Old 12-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

did you test the sensors with an ohm meter to make sure they were failed? did you have the 114 shuttle valve fault before you did the shuttle valve repair? if you are going to replace sensors you might as well get the long wire ones.

Old 12-06-2010, 04:37 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

I agree on the above reply.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:26 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

first off the sensor isn't coming out of the hub. They rust in, in your area of upstate NY the odds of getting anything out without damaging the hub is near impossible. Plus the hub may actually be rusted up. Its possible its loose and causing the problems. Did you get this diagnosed or just get the codes read?