General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Disco 2 bad rod bearing...

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 09:37 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to do the work. Looks like my friend will let me park the truck in his back yard and do the work on the weekends. My skill level is not high but I am looking forward to learning. I build guitars from scratch for a living so I am pretty creative and handy. Do I need to pull the engine to fix this? If so What should I get to mount it with to work on? List of tools as well. I only have a cheap harbor freight 100 piece mechanics set. I have a small jack and 2 mounts should I invest in a bigger jack?

Old 12-10-2016, 09:47 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

It can be done with engine in vehicle, a set of ramps would make it easier and you will need a torque wrench.

The following users liked this post:
Matthew Desormeaux (12-25-2016)
Old 12-25-2016, 10:00 PM
Drifting

It seems to still be driving alright. I took it to E2 services in winter park fl. and They told me to keep oil in it (duh I check that daily) and told me not to Nwaste time fixing it and save up for a new engine. I drive it 4 miles a day tops and today I drove it about 63 miles and when through a short trail to save time on getting out of the old neighborhood where my mom lives. I think if something were gonna go wrong it would have by now. I keep it leak free as far as coolant goes and have done all I can to keep the temp. down. I have been pricing out new engines but it seems like you can either buy a 8000 dollar bada** engine from Atlantic british or you can risk buying a used one and thats about it. Anyone know where I ship my engine to be rebuilt for a decent price? And about how much it may cost maximum. I would love to do the work myself but I mostly learn by doing and I don't have the budget or space to invest time and money in to. Or I can drive it till it dies and hopefully it lasts long enough for me to have a little fun in and get more space and time? who knows...

Old 01-08-2017, 01:05 PM
Drifting

Temp here in fl got below 40 last night. fired her up this morning and it took much longer for the knocking to start also was much quieter, does the cold weather have something to do with this? I have been driving it a few miles a day with the occasional longer drive. Definitely needs valve cover gaskets because it burns a little oil on the longer drives. Shifts good and drives smooth. If something were detrimentally wrong with this wouldn't it have gone by now?