General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Front Driver Side Window not rollesar ing up or down

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 04:00 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Driver Side Window not rollesar ing up or down

Disco Mike are you out there? You seem very knowledgeable can you help me, others please contribute as well.

I have a 2000 Land Rover Disco 2, 140,000 miles.

As you can see my Front Driver's Side Window has malfunctioned. It will not rollupor down.Being comfortable with tools Iremoved the door trim package inside, disconnected thespeakers,and have carefully removed the moisture barrier. It didn't take long for me todiscover a crescent shaped gear laying inthe bottom of the inside of the door frame.

Bingo, I think Ifound the problem. It is greased andlooks to be in good shape. I assume it is supposed to be connected directly to the window motor. I stopped and decided before I got too far into this little project to ask for help, as the space is tight.This is my wife's car andSweetie does not want to be out ofa car for too long.

So,.... should Ipull the motor andreassemble the crescent gear with the other components? The window seems to still be on track, all the switches look good, etc. Also, I am assuming this cresecent shaped gear should fasten to the motor with something?
What is it? Can you kind of touch on how tomost efficiently get the motor in and out.

Thank you very much!!!!