General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

LR3 Transmission fault, HDC failure and suspension lowered

Old 12-30-2010, 11:23 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question LR3 Transmission fault, HDC failure and suspension lowered

Hi, this is my first post to this forum, we are new owners of a 2006 LR3 since july 2010. We love the vehicle and it is an awesome ride. It was running perfectly until about a week ago when we had a transmission fault that appereared in our dash followed by a HDC fault and the suspension lowering to acces height. When this happens we loose cruise control and all access to terrain response modes and modification of suspension height. Also, when this fault is present, we can remove the key from the ignition with the truck still in drive!! The truck still runs fine with these faults on and once the car is turned off they go away only to reappear after driving for serveral more KM. I have read that this may be a battery problem, but I had my battery tested and it was in perfect condition with a 12.85v output after a load test. If anybody has any info it would be greatly appreciated, I usually do most of my own mechanics but I don't know much about transmissions, this being our first all wheel drive vehicle.

Thanks

Last edited by Aulmeck; 12-31-2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:55 PM
3rd Gear

I have nearly the same thing happening to an 06 RRS sc.

Mine will come and go. When it says "suspension lowered", it does not seem to really be lowered.

I still haven't tried a new battery...

Old 04-04-2011, 01:44 PM
2nd Gear

Did you solve your problem? I have the exact same thing?

Old 04-26-2011, 08:50 AM
3rd Gear
Default spontaneous remission

my problem went away after a 12 hour (each way) road trip. i figure it was a low battery that was good and charged on such a long trip.

now i have the infamous check engine light on...ahhh, LR.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:34 PM
2nd Gear

Hey

Got that problem hdc fault, suspension lowered etc. Now I change the battery and a sensor and check all the wires in the back of the battery and guess what 600$ later and no change. This forum cost me 600$ for nothing exept that if you have a problem go to the dealer and will save alot of money. Now I know the problem and fixed it but you will have to pay if you want to know the answer.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:05 AM
3rd Gear

Nice attitude, Woodlandbay.
Now I know the problem and fixed it but you will have to pay if you want to know the answer
Did it occur to you that different problems with the vehicle could give this same message?

Mine went away with a road trip and it hasn't come back since. Others have had luck changing the battery. You were not so fortunate.

Nobody on this thread has claimed to be an expert...we are just looking for answers too.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:09 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I claim to be an expert but codes have to be read and cars diagnosed before putting parts in. Without the proper equipment you have to pay to play.

Old 05-16-2011, 01:05 PM
4wd Low
Default Any Answers???

I just had the same thing happen to my 05 LR3 this weekend. Just hit 80K miles with very few issues. Has anyone had the codes checked? All other faults went away after a short drive except the check engine light. My battery is only about 12 months old but it did seem to turn over slow when the faults appeared.

Please help!

Old 05-17-2011, 07:27 PM
3rd Gear
Smile

Hi thanks for all your help. I didn't change any parts. But at one point the problem was becoming more and more persistent, that we even had to change the front two wheel hubs ( I recommend you get them from ebay, when we changed the second one, more than half price less) probably because of the lowered suspension all the time!
Anyways, I made an appointment with the dealer (3 weeks delay) to have the codes scanned. When we got there, about 40 minutes later the technician came to see us and said that he didn't even need to put the truck on the code machine, there was a ground fault on a corroded wire that he found right away and fixed. Total cost, 1 hour labour and 2.00$ of wiring, total 117.00$.

The truck runs perfectly ever since. Sometimes, going to see the dealer is the best thing to do. I would like to tell you all what wire was defective, but my wife (who was on-site with the truck) did not ask that question.
Good luck to everybody with the same problems!

Old 07-29-2012, 07:54 AM
1st Gear
Default Corroded wire

I am having the same problems, Do you know where he located the corroded wire?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LR3 Transmission fault, HDC failure and suspension lowered