General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Shop and Owner Manuals Download including LR3

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Shop and Owner Manuals Download including LR3

Factory manuals are always a good place to start your research of a problem or a job planned. Also, many used trucks come without owner manuals. This link is to a set of files for the RAVE (Rover name for shop manual collection). It is broken down by model, most members don't need all the files, just ones for their truck. Good to have on smart phone or a USB drive for use when away from home base. Files are already in pdf format, should not be a challenge for PC or Apple products.

The manuals cover workshop, overhaul, electrical, owners, etc., for Discovery I & II, Freelander, several versions of Range Rover, some Defender. Manuals contain shop practices, exploded diagrams, electrical plans, connector locations, wire colors, etc.

This link also includes the LR3 manuals.

This link also includes the ECU manuals for various types including LUCAS, GEMS, and Bosch. Those manuals have more in depth info on engine codes.

https://www.cubby.com/pl/LR3+worksho...kshop%20manual

Alternate link to individual RAVE sections in pdf Land Rover Manuals

Older manuals back to 1948 Land Rover Manuals

Attached Thumbnails Shop and Owner Manuals Download including LR3-d1-kickpanel-layout.jpg   Shop and Owner Manuals Download including LR3-d2-coolant-flow-001.jpg   Shop and Owner Manuals Download including LR3-d2-mgmt-wiring.jpg  

Last edited by Savannah Buzz; 04-06-2013 at 09:52 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Savannah Buzz:
jbullock78 (04-13-2018), JUKE179r (01-10-2018)
Old 05-10-2013, 06:42 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

downloaded your link for manuals and I cant open it anything else for manuals on my discovery

Old 05-10-2013, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

Appreciate the feedback. Since posting 2800 plus views and you are the first to note a problem.

So if you went the "cubby" link, what kind of problem did you have? were you able to downlaod the files, and what did your computer say at that point?

If that doesn't work for you, the "Land Rover Manuals" link is to a different site, and each item on there is a pdf file, open on line and save as on your PC. Will need some thing like Adobe Reader as a pdf reader.

Last edited by Savannah Buzz; 05-10-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Drifting

zavannah buzz, very good help but now I have the same problem that zr mcdonald 777 can´t open de files where the freelander 2.5 were, Was ok few week ago but now won´t open

Old 06-11-2013, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

I just opened it from both sites, the "cubby" and the "macassemble" site.

https://www.cubby.com/pl/LR3+worksho...E%20Freelander

Old 06-27-2013, 07:53 PM
4th Gear

Good stuff Savannah! Nice to have the manuals!

Old 07-13-2013, 09:51 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb RAVE manuals for 1997 Dscvry SE7

Thanks, Savannah, for the RAVE manuals on cubby. Now I know how/where to start. I've got alot of reading and discovery to do...no pun intended! It's great to have all this info in 1 place.

My owner's manuals have spent 16 yrs in the compartment under my driver's seat! They've gotten a little soggy due to various water leaks, but it's time to put all this information to good use. Better late (191,000 mi) than never!

The following users liked this post:
emery (01-03-2022)
Old 07-13-2013, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

Many owners load the sections they use on the smarty phone, and keep it on USB drive in glove box and the desk drawer at the office.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:41 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Downloading RAVE manuals

Thanks, Buzz. All media that you suggested to use for downloads make sense.

Yesterday, I downloaded RAVE manuals to my home desktop. For portability and backup, I'll buy flashdrives to download and save manuals. Not sure how to download to Iphone (not real tech geek), but that's something 1 of my kids can handle. Dscvry is really my son's now anyway. Although I still love it!

Time to pass the (Dscvry) torch...not literally, of course! I was told by one LR dealership service advisor that, if I turned my Dscvry key, it'd go on fire!

No worries...it didn't. It's gone 6,000mi since that episode, and the saga continues!

Old 07-14-2013, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Land Rover dealers are not the only wild ones. My Mercedes wagon blew an upper hose about 100 feet from the dealer. I went in and they said they didn't stock them and it would be 3 days. Topped off the water and idled down to Adavance.... $9.

Quick Reply: Shop and Owner Manuals Download including LR3