Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Easy Exhaust Mod

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 11:31 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
Horrible choice for an around town car, but go ahead, ignore all the other things get the baddest sound system and the loudest mufflers and some PHAT 20's or better wheels, slam it and bagg it then it will be easier to resell on CL when it does crap out on you, with some luck you can double your money and by a real pimped car. Maybe even one of those 300's that has the Bently grille upfront.

yea you got me. im some homeboy who's gonna 'pimp' my ride. i purchased this vehicle because it was an estate sale from an old man who passed. he was a friend of a friend. it was a garage kept daily driver not subjected to the elements or any off roading. the man responsible for the maintainance of the car for its entire life so far is also a close family friend. the price was right according to all sources i checked. no need to talk down to me on your beloved forum. im here to learn, i never threw away any advice. i ordered my guage, and have spoken about getting the drive shaft looked at. fluids are purchased. is there anything else youd like to insinuate about me? you are commenting on the fact that id like a new head unit to play my ipod? where did i mention suspension or external modification with the exception of extra lighting for inclimate weather? other than some very moderate exhaust modifications so i can enjoy the sound of MY car, i dont remember mentioning new wheels or 'dubs' as ive heard them referred to. im a cop, i cannot call out due to weather, and im confident this vehicle will get me to work in foul conditions. im either missing your sarcasm for which i appologize, or you take this FAR too seriously. i hope you enjoy your weekend, and have a good time with your car.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

While Danny and I agree on some things some times, I must admit that a Disocvery has certain features for around town that make it a good vehicle, like high visibility, and this photo, which shows that the "crumple zone" for a Disco is frequently the other vehicle. Only thing I would want newbies to consider is that many times there are lots of hidden things that need to be caught up to make the Disco ready for personification, and these things can eat up a lot of folding money in short order.

Attached Thumbnails Easy Exhaust Mod-disco-crumple-zone.jpg  
Old 07-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
While Danny and I agree on some things some times, I must admit that a Disocvery has certain features for around town that make it a good vehicle, like high visibility, and this photo, which shows that the "crumple zone" for a Disco is frequently the other vehicle. Only thing I would want newbies to consider is that many times there are lots of hidden things that need to be caught up to make the Disco ready for personification, and these things can eat up a lot of folding money in short order.
I appreciate the information! That's good to know about the safety. I read up on them and they did ok on the ratings. I love the look of the car and can't wait to get it. Like I said it won't be abused off roading. All the mentioned things have been mentioned to my guy. I am lucky there, that several relatives of mine are in the car business so I won't be getting raped by a strange mechanic. Knowing the cars entire service history is a big plus too. I appreciate the way you convey your thoughts and information in a mature adult manner, you've been a big help so far!

Old 07-21-2012, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

being able to show up for shift means you get the overtime..., but you can feel free to use verbal judo on Danny. His heart is in the right place, and many of us on here have angered someone. But for the most part we are a helpful bunch.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:26 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Please don't get too offended Jones. A lot of us are just used to seeing Discovery's online and in our local area be ruined with 20 inch rims, either lowered, or sagging air bags, tons of failing features and worn out fluids.

People can do whatever they want with their own truck but Discovery's aren't meant to be pimped out in my opinion. It totally does against the trucks capabilities and functions. (But I read your post and I know you arent doing this). Sound systems are a different story and personally I wouldn't mind having mine subtly upgraded. The SE sound system leaves a little more to be desired.

Gimme a snorkel, brush bar, AT's, and roof rack any day.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:32 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by DiscoRover007
Please don't get too offended Jones. A lot of us are just used to seeing Discovery's online and in our local area be ruined with 20 inch rims, either lowered, or sagging air bags, tons of failing features and worn out fluids.

People can do whatever they want with their own truck but Discovery's aren't meant to be pimped out in my opinion. It totally does against the trucks capabilities and functions. (But I read your post and I know you arent doing this). Sound systems are a different story and personally I wouldn't mind having mine subtly upgraded. The SE sound system leaves a little more to be desired.

Gimme a snorkel, brush bar, AT's, and roof rack any day.

I want a new head unit to be able to play my ipod. im fine with stock speakers, and no subs. subs take up too much space. i hear you on the rims, im from BALTIMORE! the cars here are awful looking. everything is all murdered out. and dont worry i wasnt offended, i deal with far worse everyday at work.i was just confused how a post or two could be misconstrued so terribly wrong. I enjoy motors especially V8s, and the sound is just amazing. thats why i want to be able to hear it. so people ruin these things fairly regularly eh? thats a shame, they are nice looking vehicles. mine looks just like yours.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:36 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Indiana Jones
I want a new head unit to be able to play my ipod. im fine with stock speakers, and no subs. subs take up too much space. i hear you on the rims, im from BALTIMORE! the cars here are awful looking. everything is all murdered out. and dont worry i wasnt offended, i deal with far worse everyday at work.i was just confused how a post or two could be misconstrued so terribly wrong. I enjoy motors especially V8s, and the sound is just amazing. thats why i want to be able to hear it. so people ruin these things fairly regularly eh? thats a shame, they are nice looking vehicles. mine looks just like yours.
your disco will likely have dual subs mounted on the rear door...

Old 08-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 224 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
Horrible choice for an around town car, but go ahead, ignore all the other things get the baddest sound system and the loudest mufflers and some PHAT 20's or better wheels, slam it and bagg it then it will be easier to resell on CL when it does crap out on you, with some luck you can double your money and by a real pimped car. Maybe even one of those 300's that has the Bently grille upfront.
Lighten up, Francis.
Besides, you critiquing someone else's mods is like the pot calling the kettle black.
https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...derover-49477/

Old 08-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

OK , maybe I was just a bit crude, I *** u med he was the typical type of "One-Hit Wonders" that we all see quite often.

Sounds like you may have a good find there. Welcome to the forum. I wish you total success with your new Discovery.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:38 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Speaking of Baltimore, I once worked for Martin Marieeta in Denver. It was originally the Glenn L. Martin Aircraft company of Baltimore. The Denver Divison was started by a core group of old timers from Baltimore.

They were affectionately known as the "Baltimorons".

Being a police officer today is quite a challenge. I commend you for your choice of service to your beloved city of Baltimore.

Quick Reply: Easy Exhaust Mod