Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Easy Exhaust Mod

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
Speaking of Baltimore, I once worked for Martin Marieeta in Denver. It was originally the Glenn L. Martin Aircraft company of Baltimore. The Denver Divison was started by a core group of old timers from Baltimore.

They were affectionately known as the "Baltimorons".

Being a police officer today is quite a challenge. I commend you for your choice of service to your beloved city of Baltimore.

"Baltimorons" is being polite. The people here are total asshats, minus G Reeves of course! Martin State Airport is only about 15 minutes from where I live. Nice place! I love watching the A10 Warthogs take off.

As far as the car, the passenger side locks, and rear door need fixing. G Reeves is helping me with that tomorrow, I really cant say enough kind words about him. Totally helpful and knowledgable, and one hell of a nice fella. I never thought Id be so happy in an SUV.

Does anyone have a link to a muffler/exhuast that will fit my 01 disco? Not sure where to go for an axleback. My old car I messed with the turbo and downpipe and such, but never just a muffler. Just looking for a TAD more aggressive sound, as it already sounds great. The intake upon engaging the throttle sounds exactly like a crown vic. Very cool. I have the ultragauge (AWESOME) and a new thermostat. We will be swapping out the thermostat, upper piping, and coolant in the coming weeks, then comes the prop shaft rebuild. Since i love the car already i really dont mind spending money on the necessary preventative maintenance. It feels good having a Land Rover that looks good. All i see around me are Range Rovers with 'dubs' and garbage like that. Terrel Suggs of the Ravens drives a white 09 Range Rover with like 22" chrome wheels. Its awful looking.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:04 PM
Mudding
Cool

Dr. Jones ( and I use that in jest )...

youtube CAMEL TROPHY DISCOVERY and hang on! watch some of the full 45 minute clips in full screen HD and see what these babies can do with skinny tires and NO lift! AWESOME!

Old 08-08-2012, 07:14 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by JC Speiser
Dr. Jones ( and I use that in jest )...

youtube CAMEL TROPHY DISCOVERY and hang on! watch some of the full 45 minute clips in full screen HD and see what these babies can do with skinny tires and NO lift! AWESOME!

WOW!

When we had a massive record snowfall in 2009 the National Guard sent us 2 men and a Humvee to drive us to calls. I gotta say these things move better than that Humvee. That is scary stuff. Id be the guy cheering from the side, not in the vehicle haha

Old 08-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Indiana Jones
WOW!

camel trophy land rover 89 - 98 part 2 - YouTube

When we had a massive record snowfall in 2009 the National Guard sent us 2 men and a Humvee to drive us to calls. I gotta say these things move better than that Humvee. That is scary stuff. Id be the guy cheering from the side, not in the vehicle haha
I'd rather be the guy in the Disco yelling at the people on the out side to push harder.... then again I am older than Jones so a wee bit wiser

Old 09-07-2012, 03:13 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Indiana Jones
damn. after reading all this, im convinced these are the crappiest designed/built cars on the planet. are they really that finnicky? total buzzkill.
I know the feeling. Not too long ago, I bought my '04 DII and man was she beautiful. I then joined this forum and my heart sank with fears of the propshaft slamming into my tranny and my having to tell the mrs that the repair will cost $7K+! I read and read and read and, as they say, my head 'splode! After putting back the pieces, I dove right in and bought the parts to rebuild that puppy. (You can read about my experience here.)

As happens with any work I do on my truck, that I learn how to approach from the write-ups and people on this forum, half-way through the project I curse out just about every person that said "Oh, that's easy to do." Then, I take a break (sometimes overnight break,) have a beer (or two,) and then get back to it. Once I complete the project - and take pain killers for my hands and neck - I feel such a sense of accomplishment and pride that it made everything worth it. Not to mention the money I've saved by doing the work myself.

Would I re-do the propshaft rebuild? Probably not. But it made me feel that I can tackle just about any other job on this truck.

-Anthony

Old 09-07-2012, 04:08 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Regarding the exhaust, I test drove a DII with a Flowmaster welded muffler. You could certainly hear the engine with that setup. Not for me 'cause I like my neighbors, but it sounded pretty throaty. A little bit like this:

Old 09-15-2012, 09:35 PM
Mudding

I am still rocking the stock exhaust as well. I have put a lot of thought about cutting off the exhaust and running new myself. I haven't done it yet due to possibly ruining the truck itself. also thought about just cutting off the resonator just to get rid of that ugly thing hanging down. i don't want it to load as i drive it daily with my 2 year old in the back. don't want to ruin my son yet. coming from a lot of muscle cars in the family like my dads 72 elcy ss with matching 454 built with 3" all the way out. ya you can say it was a little loud. i don't want that to be the only thing my son hears. i may cut that guy off soon i will post video with it off and also with it on to show the difference.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:16 AM
Drifting

morning all, i am one of the newbies to this site. 04 dII, 100k miles. in process of taking care of things that weren't done by the previous owner, or things that were done, but cheaply. prop shaft went in yesterday, thermostat, flush, oil change, diff fluid change, t/case fluid change, installed the brass plugs in differential, tranny drain and refill, coolant change, flush, refill. slowly but surely getting her fixed. now as for my exhaust, the previous owner had told me that both cats had been gutted. whooppppeeee!!! interesting rumble, but O2's crapping out. everything under there is welded, jb welded, rtv'ed to death. so have to remove/replace from manifolds back. i also like to hear my engines. from my turbo volvos, to my big block impala, to the mrs mb sl500, a little sound is better. figuring when it's time to do exhaust, i want to fab up a dual exhaust with a crossover. not looking to shake any windows, but i just love the sound of most engines. ideas? suggestions? thanks everybody.