Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

exhaust/headers disco

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 05:49 PM
Winching
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have Toddco headers on my 96. They are well built and have held up well. My system sounds great, but has a drone in the cab that I would like to figure out. at 70 you can't hear it at all. I've listen to the truck as others drive it and is sounds like a real v8.

I'm using High flow cats and flow master mufflers.

Old 12-19-2013, 02:05 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nga could u post pictures and or vid i would like to hear that see my problem is i keep havin an exhaust leak from the manifold to the y pipe and its quite annoying to say the least while i was station in ft hood my d2 has been amazing but i really would like to have a better sounding exhaust and like that post earlier i agree with you when u say playin around with exhaust and doin your own mods and stuff the thing is ther is two types of mechanics/enthusiasts, vehicle assymblers and vehicle or motor builders..... just something to ponder on anyways i think i want to try and fabricate some shorty headers myself cause i have don a lot of builds not on land rovers but race cars race trucks and off roading trucks and so far with all the work when it comes to headers have always experienced a difference in power some good some bad but i always played around with cams ignition and fuel and every time i ended up getting good results. i really love to hate and hate to love these motors though. anyways basicly i followed the book down to the t when it came to repairing the exhaust leaks that i had and i just feel like even if it doesnt improve much power by installing headers than at least it will be basically bullet proof when it comes to leaks and if a leak does happen it willl be easier to fix. thank you everyone for all that info it really helped me out with my decision weather or not to move forward with this build

Old 12-20-2013, 07:04 AM
Winching

There are good resources around the net for building up the buick 215 engine, which is basically what the rover engine it.

Affordable Aluminum Buick / Rover Stroker Motor, by Kurt Schley

But we run into the issue of the computer... Not sure of cheap way around that. Which is why I have limited myself to just the header/muffler upgrades. If you happen to have a 95 engine or older, then you have a distributer and I would think a MUCH easier engine to build. maybe you could swap parts around from the older engine to the newer?

Originally Posted by d3vil8oy
nga could u post pictures and or vid i would like to hear that see my problem is i keep havin an exhaust leak from the manifold to the y pipe and its quite annoying to say the least while i was station in ft hood my d2 has been amazing but i really would like to have a better sounding exhaust and like that post earlier i agree with you when u say playin around with exhaust and doin your own mods and stuff the thing is ther is two types of mechanics/enthusiasts, vehicle assymblers and vehicle or motor builders..... just something to ponder on anyways i think i want to try and fabricate some shorty headers myself cause i have don a lot of builds not on land rovers but race cars race trucks and off roading trucks and so far with all the work when it comes to headers have always experienced a difference in power some good some bad but i always played around with cams ignition and fuel and every time i ended up getting good results. i really love to hate and hate to love these motors though. anyways basicly i followed the book down to the t when it came to repairing the exhaust leaks that i had and i just feel like even if it doesnt improve much power by installing headers than at least it will be basically bullet proof when it comes to leaks and if a leak does happen it willl be easier to fix. thank you everyone for all that info it really helped me out with my decision weather or not to move forward with this build

Old 12-20-2013, 07:11 AM
Winching