LR2 Talk about the Land Rover LR2 within.

Traded in my 2011 LR2- bad customer service and expensive repairs

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 11:33 AM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Now I get it. Sorry, I missed it was his 1st post.

Originally Posted by dgi 07
Hey, he came on a land rover forum, with his user name, with a vehicle with almost 90k miles, didn't ask for help or for a line of advice but proceeded to bitch and complain when a mistake is make in repairing it and demand that because a mistake is made, that the dealer should pay for the entire repair.....

As a dealer tech, I would have told you to drive the vehicle back, or tow it, whichever made him feel more comfortable. And not to deal with the service advisor but to get ahold of either the Service Manager or the Parts and Service Director.

As a dealer tech, I would also tell him to not make demands. The dealer is the last place to make demands, but if a cooler head prevailed, things happen alot faster and they would have been willing to work with you.

As a dealer tech, I would have also said that the last thing to do is to compare your bottom of the rung LR2 to a Mercedes or a Lexus and claim you were using the LR2 as a gateway into how you get treated at a dealership. Sure, and I buy coffee at Starbucks to see how I get treat so I can maybe one day buy a breakfast sandwich.

As a dealer tech, I can tell you Mercedes and Lexus's dealer system get paid off something known as survey's and customer experience. The happier the customers are via survey, the more the dealer bonus's go up. and its not a small chunk of change we are talking, it's millions of dollars every year. And many people game the system. I have watched customers who were told no, we cant do that turn around and say, and I quote "I know you people get paid off of surveys, and when I get mine, I will F*$k it up" And I'm sure this fine gentlemen, based on his attitude conveyed in his one and only post on our humble help line forum, would be one of those individuals.

Listen I get it, they ****ed up the repair and wouldnt send a tow truck to get the vehicle. Common sense would say, have the dam thing towed back and let them fix it. and let them pay for the tow back. Simple.

Where he ****ed up would be making demands, insisting that he compensated for someone(a human being, not a robot) making a mistake.

No, we weren't siding with Land Rovers treatment of this guy. Not even close. But he came here, not to solve a problem, or ask for help, but to complain and for pity.

And well, as you see, we don't take kindly to that sort of thinking.
End rant.
I missed it where it was his 1st post, you are right then.