LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 LR3 suspension issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 09:14 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 LR3 suspension issues

So for months now I've been chasing suspension problems. I finally bought a Gap Tool so I was able to fix a lot of issues so far. I was driving it today and the dash warning light went red. the truck lowered to the bump stops. I pulled over, shut it off, started it back up and the suspension raised up. I hooked it up to the IID Tool and got, C1A07-62 (2E) Cross articulation - Algorithm based failure - signal compare failure. I went back out for a drive while monitoring the live values of all the valves. When the fault occurs the exhaust valve opens 100% and all 4 corner valves open 20%. Anybody have any thoughts?

Old 08-08-2016, 11:41 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 454 Likes on 405 Posts

Yeah. You have a bad calibration. You could have a bad sensor, or for some other reason your calibration may have been compromised. Either way, since you have the IIDTool you can re-calibrate it yourself.

The following users liked this post:
jsccinc (08-08-2016)
Old 08-08-2016, 05:55 PM
Drifting

I'm also aware that I have I leak in the front somewhere. I raised it to off road height last night and removed fuse 26. Only the left front dropped so that needs to be dealt with first. I've been getting other codes but I know they relate to the leak. I'm going out with soapy water now to see if I can pin point it

Old 08-08-2016, 06:44 PM
Drifting

Bad front left air bag. I'll replace it, do a complete re-calibration, and see how it goes from there.

Old 08-08-2016, 09:10 PM
Winching
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

Should replace both fronts with the age of your truck, imo.

Old 08-09-2016, 06:22 AM
Drifting

Replacing both fronts is my plan. If one went bad the other is soon to follow.

Old 08-11-2016, 03:16 PM
Drifting

I at the exact same place you're at jsccinc.

Rebuilt Compressor ($70-$80 kit) - Check
Worked fine for a while, then the yellow amber light started a few months later.

Turned out FL10/60A was burning out often. Had to keep replacing fuse every 2-3 months after rebuilding compressor.

Red suspension light turned on and the truck lowered to the bump stops 2 weeks ago. Turned off and back with the amber light.

Truck turns on, raises to extended mode, lowers to access height, then I click up to normal ride height. "Slowly raising" msg come up and no lights for 30-40 min. Then yellow amber light comes up and front left lowers after a few hours not being driven.

Rebuilt Air Block Valve
Replaced Height Sensors with original parts.
Still lowers overnight on drivers side front.

That tells me there is a leak.

Not sure if I can replace only the bags or the entire assembly.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:04 PM
Drifting

So after rebuilding the compressor, replacing both front air bag assemblies and doing a quick calibration everything appears to be good. No more codes and it's the same height in the morning as it was the night before. All that's left is to do a final calibration on a surface flatter than my dirt driveway.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:18 PM
Drifting

teamfalcon, spray the underside of that air bag with soapy water, when the truck is running, and look for the bubbles. That's where mine was leaking from and just like EastCoast said change them both. I bought Dunlop assemblies from LRDirect. With shipping it was $460 for both.

Old 12-07-2016, 10:49 PM
Drifting

Update, I did find the leak, replaced both front air shocks. Would lower, rise, remain in normal height and the yellow/amber suspension fault would come on but truck rode fine.

That lasted 1 month.

Now, suspension kicks in, rear rises, both front shocks don't.

What I've done:
Rebuilt compressor with kit (worked for about 6 months before front leak issue).
Rebuilt Air Block Valve (to pinpoint leak)
Replaced Height Sensors with original parts (before spending big bucks on bags)
Replaced both front air shocks after recorded air leak.(didn't recalibrate after replacing)
All suspension fuses are fine.

So now, suspension fault, tire pressure fault, rear rises, front doesn't (either side).

I have this click that I hear when I shut the car off:

Quick Reply: 05 LR3 suspension issues