LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 LR3 suspension issues

Old 12-08-2016, 08:46 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you read the codes?

You should replace the compressor most likely.

Old 12-08-2016, 05:30 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After replacing the front air bags I was having the same types of problems . If you have a gap tool re flash the suspension computer. I finally did that and have been good for months now. The computer learns as it goes and changes what it thinks is normal.

Old 12-10-2016, 11:20 AM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by teamfalcon
Update, I did find the leak, replaced both front air shocks. Would lower, rise, remain in normal height and the yellow/amber suspension fault would come on but truck rode fine.

That lasted 1 month.

Now, suspension kicks in, rear rises, both front shocks don't.

What I've done:
Rebuilt compressor with kit (worked for about 6 months before front leak issue).
Rebuilt Air Block Valve (to pinpoint leak)
Replaced Height Sensors with original parts (before spending big bucks on bags)
Replaced both front air shocks after recorded air leak.(didn't recalibrate after replacing)
All suspension fuses are fine.

So now, suspension fault, tire pressure fault, rear rises, front doesn't (either side).

I have this click that I hear when I shut the car off:
Have you confirmed if the front block is leaking through the electrical connector, that happened to me, I was able to patch it (just posted about it the other day) FYI replacing the existing orings wouldn't fix that issue.

Old 12-10-2016, 06:12 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 454 Likes on 405 Posts

EAS is a great invention but it definitely has its quirks. Last night (after driving in snow a bit) I went to lower my LR3 from Off-Road height into Access. It was still in 4-Lo and may have been in GGS Mode still. Anyway as soon as I did, it gave me a weird fault (engine was off). So I fired it up and read the code with my IIDTool. It was an issue with the "exhaust valve." It also wouldn't allow a Special Program to be selected from TR. I cleared everything and STILL it would not allow GGS to be selected, despite the EAS going up and down just fine. I cycled power and all was well.

I think this may have been blockage from some ice maybe???...or a cold-weather thing. Later, just for fun I went out and cycled the LR3 through all the EAS heights and even put it in GGS and 4-Lo and tried to lower it in Access (I believe it will kick you back to Normal regardless, perhaps after giving you the warning about bottoming out).

Anyway....glitch. My EAS has been doing this more lately; particularly after getting the AMK installed. A "communication error" here, a "not venting quickly enough" there....this one with the "exhaust valve." All are pretty inconsequential, especially with the IIDTool, but it makes me wonder, about the maturity of the retrofit kit for the AMK in the LR3.

Sorry Coil-over believers...I still love the EAS.

Old 12-12-2016, 11:11 AM
Winching

Could it be that it faulted because the engine was off?

I almost went to coils because of my frustrations but glad I didn't, with the iid tool I have the best of both worlds, insta-lift and comfortable ride.

Old 12-12-2016, 12:13 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 454 Likes on 405 Posts

Nahhh....I've dropped the suspension into Access with the engine off many times. It could be that some ice had built up around the area of an exhaust valve or tube. I'm not sure where all those areas are. I know the valve is on the compressor and that would be nearly impossible because of my sliders (but there ARE venting slots on the sliders in that area and I do NOT have the acoustic box bottom mounted) so there is a chance.

Anyway, it's quirky. These things make me mad because I still want it to be perfect. I guess I have to realize that at 11.5 years old, it's like the Millennium Falcon. Always in need of something, but still bad *** in a fight.

Old 12-12-2016, 01:45 PM
Winching

LOL! I cant agree more on that last part...

The following users liked this post:
houm_wa (12-12-2016)
Old 12-13-2016, 10:23 AM
Mudding
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry Coil-over believers...I still love the EAS.
Additional free time gained not having to troubleshoot suspension glitches, I've refocused my attention building an actual Death Star. #Darkside....

Old 12-14-2016, 08:59 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by KMET
Additional free time gained not having to troubleshoot suspension glitches, I've refocused my attention building an actual Death Star. #Darkside....

Pics or it didn't happen

Old 12-14-2016, 10:52 AM
Mudding
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by AdrenalinPlease
Pics or it didn't happen
also regained my sense of humor...

Last edited by KMET; 12-14-2016 at 08:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 05 LR3 suspension issues