LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 Air Compressor Hokey Pokey

Old 01-30-2017, 03:38 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2005 Air Compressor Hokey Pokey

Tore into my 2005 LR3 Air Compressor, no problem with the smaller pneumatic lines......in out two of them came out, did the hokey pokey and turned around then the large one wouldn't come out.

Unfortunately that's not what it's all about!

The large voss fitting had some corrosion on it and the exterior kneck / ring of the fitting snapped as soon as I attempted to push it in. I ended up having to cut the line off to remove the compressor and pry the compressor mounting bracket off the frame (it was also eaten up from Ontarios lovely winter seasoning salt), all the mounting hardware had also broken loose from the captive retainers....yahoo. Aside from my moaning I'm wondering if anyone is aware of a source for replacement intake port fittings or the entire assembly. Barring replacement parts anyone have a dead compressor with a good fitting they would consider parting with?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:44 AM
Overlanding

Nobody??? Anybody??? Somebody???....... Mother!

How about a parts Air Compressor.....I would welcome one of those?

Old 01-31-2017, 11:51 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

There's an app for that.. oh, and group counseling

Can't help you with your compressor problems but I wish you all the best.

Old 01-31-2017, 03:18 PM
Overlanding

Best bumper sticker "The Hokey Pokey.....Maybe that's what it is all about!"

Old 02-18-2017, 09:32 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Lotus7
Tore into my 2005 LR3 Air Compressor, no problem with the smaller pneumatic lines......in out two of them came out, did the hokey pokey and turned around then the large one wouldn't come out.

Unfortunately that's not what it's all about!

The large voss fitting had some corrosion on it and the exterior kneck / ring of the fitting snapped as soon as I attempted to push it in. I ended up having to cut the line off to remove the compressor and pry the compressor mounting bracket off the frame (it was also eaten up from Ontarios lovely winter seasoning salt), all the mounting hardware had also broken loose from the captive retainers....yahoo. Aside from my moaning I'm wondering if anyone is aware of a source for replacement intake port fittings or the entire assembly. Barring replacement parts anyone have a dead compressor with a good fitting they would consider parting with?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
Originally Posted by Lotus7
Best bumper sticker "The Hokey Pokey.....Maybe that's what it is all about!"

To anyone that sent me a PM regarding my compressor woes thank you. The stand out was Erik at Lucky 8, I cannot recommend these guys enough. They proved that customer service does exist and in its best form.....thank you.... time to go a wrenching thanks to Lucky 8.

For anyone that is in the same dilemma I could not find the large air intake fitting for the compressor and am using a parts compressor to make Frankencompressor.

Last edited by Lotus7; 02-18-2017 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Adding info