LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BG fuel injection/induction service

Old 06-22-2013, 07:35 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Default BG fuel injection/induction service

Hi, team

I found a local shop , that performs all sorts of services with BG products.They have every machine possible from BG line of products, although, it took them a while to receive them ,free of charge, as lease,like all big car dealers get.Anyway, I bought a can of 44k, that I already poured in my tank, for starters, but for 150 bucks ,I could have a injection/induction service done in no time.
My question is, since I already replaced ignition capacitor and PCV valve last week, should I put back the old valve in before the service and reinstall new one after the cleaning, or it does not matter at this point ,since BG chemicals will go thru upper body and fuel rail, not really affecting PCV and EGR?
Thanks
How long will I have until I have to replace spark plugs.I already changed them 40.000 miles a go .I know about an oil change...

Old 06-22-2013, 07:56 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

For just an induction service, (sprayed through intake, not fuel fail) there is no need to worry about spark plugs, and when I do this along side a tune up, I replace the PVC and capacitor before the BG service.

The chemical for the injector service is very aggressive. For best results, you want to replace the spark plugs after doing it, as it can cause damage to the platinum plating on the tips. It should be fine not changing them out immediately, but there is more of a gain to be had in doing it all at once. And yes, oil change directly afterwards.

As I've posted a few times about this, the most important aspect of these services is them being done properly, not just ran through at idle, but also not being ran through as the engine is revving, it's a balance.

Old 06-22-2013, 08:30 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many miles/years before one should replace the PCV valve and ignition capacitor on the LR3?

Old 06-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Rock Crawling

I don't really understand how the change of such a small part as ignition capacitor could improve a vehicle's behavior, but it did. The difference between old part and new part is somehow dramatic.After replacement , I feel like I just had transmission software updated,among other things such as responsiveness,overall smoothness .
As for a PCV valve, I don't know about milage, but as I am at 125000 miles ,it is no brainer to me , that some things should be changed as preventive measure,which I am a big fan of.

Again, thanks Dave for a quick response.You are a big help on these forums,you know that..right?

Old 06-22-2013, 11:06 AM
Pro Wrench

I do the capacitor whenever I change plugs, it's cheap. As for it making an improvement, the unit is wired in series with the coils, even though the actual capacitor portion of it is in parallel, but if there is a voltage drop through the power feed of the unit, you may be only running 12v to the coils instead of 14v, which means a lower voltage on the secondary side of the coil, and therefor less energy in the spark.

The PCV is preventive, unless it's too late already. They don't fully fail that often, but it's not unusual to pull the breather, and have oil dripping out of it.

I'm actually about to do a tune up and injection/induction service on a truck today, I'll take a couple before/after pics of the stuff that is easily accessed.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

While this is not an LR3, it is a Rover engine, high miles, PCV issues were neglected, cheap oil, long drain intervals, and even though it came to me a few years ago, BG, Rotella, Marvel Mystery Oil, and other flush products could only do so much, once the sludge was baked on.

My point is that change oil early and often, and make good use of the flush products to prevent this.

As for capacitors, they are all around us everyday, like the ones that help give a little ummph to start the fan motor or AC compressor in your home unit. They fail and degrade, change value with age and cycles, and things don't come up to speed as quickly, etc.

Attached Thumbnails BG fuel injection/induction service-p1130053.jpg   BG fuel injection/induction service-p1050978.jpg  

Last edited by Savannah Buzz; 06-22-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:21 AM
Pro Wrench

Here are a few pictures from a vehicle I just serviced. Preformed a air induction, and fuel injection service, along with a major tune up.

This vehicle was not bad, and the service was preformed as maintenance due to mileage, as opposed to for an issue, but from test drives before and after, there is still a noticeable difference in both performance, and overall drivability.

Before and after shots of MAFS, Throttle Body and Intake, Spark Plugs(new ones installed, picture shows before and after injection service) new vs old capacitor, and new PCV valve installed.

Attached Thumbnails BG fuel injection/induction service-imgp0053.jpg   BG fuel injection/induction service-imgp0061.jpg   BG fuel injection/induction service-imgp0066.jpg   BG fuel injection/induction service-imgp00671.jpg   BG fuel injection/induction service-imgp00701.jpg  

Old 06-24-2013, 11:42 AM
Pro Wrench

Rest of the pictures.

Attached Thumbnails BG fuel injection/induction service-imgp00711.jpg   BG fuel injection/induction service-imgp00721.jpg   BG fuel injection/induction service-imgp00741.jpg   BG fuel injection/induction service-imgp00771.jpg   BG fuel injection/induction service-imgp00811.jpg  

Old 06-24-2013, 05:45 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by roverguy7
Here are a few pictures from a vehicle I just serviced. Preformed a air induction, and fuel injection service, along with a major tune up.

This vehicle was not bad, and the service was preformed as maintenance due to mileage, as opposed to for an issue, but from test drives before and after, there is still a noticeable difference in both performance, and overall drivability.

Before and after shots of MAFS, Throttle Body and Intake, Spark Plugs(new ones installed, picture shows before and after injection service) new vs old capacitor, and new PCV valve installed.
Sorry for the newb question, but are the first two the ignition capacitor? If not, which one is?

Old 06-24-2013, 07:12 PM
Rock Crawling

On First two ,dirty MAF sensor is shown,whereas ignition capacitor is shown in the last one of the first batch of pictures, the old part ,that is.New I .capacitor is pictured on the third ,one row below.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BG fuel injection/induction service