LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I add the navigation system to my LR3

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 06:09 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I add the navigation system to my LR3

Hi, I've got the base LR3 without the navigation system. Does anyone know if I can add it to my vehicle?
Thanks.

Old 05-31-2007, 04:49 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Can I add the navigation system to my LR3

yes, i am doing so on my LR3 now. I been looking for some info on this to make my job easy but i havnt found anything so i just started to do it on my own. It wasnt as hard as i was thinking it would be. I am not yet finished but should be done maybe tomorrow or so if i have the time to work on it.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:04 PM
4th Gear

Ok, so I have completely removed the upper dash pad and replaced the main harness that runs in the dash. I have replaced the harness that’s on the car with the new harness that I got which has the navigation option with the plugs for the screen. This new harness plugs into the exact same connections and junctions that the one from the car was unplugged from. All I did was trace the old one, position the new one where I would be doing the unplugging and just connected the new harness that I got as I unplugged the old harness.

The second hard part was the harness running to the ECU drive unit under the drivers seat. For this I had to remove the front seats, the center consol and some of the carpeting under the seats. This harness originates from the right front kick panel, runs back to the center post and all the way to the drivers seat from under the carpet. On the right front kick panel near the fuse box where the main dash harness plugs into is an open plug now that is part of the harness with the navi option. This is where the second harness for the drive unit plugs into. Your old none navi option harness does not have this plug.

Ok now that I had the wires set where they need to be I decided to plug in the screen and drive unit to see if it would work. I plugged everything in and turned the key on, the Navigation system started up perfectly. I did a calibration of the system and it was showing exactly where the car is.

Next I installed the bracket for the drive unit under the seat and bolted the seats back in place. That part of the job was done and the next thing was to deal with the screen and my none navi type dash. My options were to get a new dash or to make this one work.

Will finish tomorrow.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:22 PM
4th Gear

Old 08-08-2007, 07:37 PM
2nd Gear

would you by any chance have the part numbers for the wire harness you replaced. i also would like to add navigation my LR3

thanks

Old 08-08-2007, 08:13 PM
mpt
4wd Low

I've been using and loving my Garmin c550. I know its not as nice as built in - but it fits really well in the space in the dash and has bluetooth for my phone hands free so its two for the price of one and I got it for $329. I could not stomach paying the $$$ LR charges...

Old 08-08-2007, 09:10 PM
2nd Gear

i would like something that plays thru the stereo speakers....i was thinking of possible getting a kenwood or alpine nav and using the aux port on the radio....there is also an aftermarket wire harness for cell phone integration... it will automatically mute the stereo and the sound is piped thru the cars speakers....

Old 08-08-2007, 11:35 PM
mpt
4wd Low

Sounds like a great idea. The muting of the stereo during a call is a nice feature. I wanted the portability of my Garmin to travel. Good luck with your install.

Old 08-17-2007, 04:01 PM
4th Gear

idouoooo - Any pictures of the finished install of the nav system?

Old 11-22-2007, 04:36 PM
4wd Low

Any updates?

Quick Reply: Can I add the navigation system to my LR3