LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you get good response from your gas pedal???

Old 01-26-2015, 09:59 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you get good response from your gas pedal???

I am new to LR and have had my 2008 LR3 for about a month. There is so much I like about the car but one thing that is very much bugging me is the response (lack thereof) from pressing the gas pedal!

When I give it a good press down, it takes at least one full second for the car to move. ?? Whether I am starting from a stop, or speeding up at highway speed, there is such a disappointing delay in response. When it does respond, of course there is plenty of power.

I've tried SPORT mode and can tell the difference in higher RPM's before shifting, but still, a press on the gas pedal yields a painfully slow response.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Maybe I'll just get used to it?? (I had a 2003 Pathfinder for the last 8 years before this and it was so awesomely responsive on the pedal.)

Thanks.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:05 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Sounds like you might need a software update.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:55 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 454 Likes on 405 Posts

Either that or re-setting the adaptations. One trick, lemme see if I can remember this correctly....put the key in ignition detent II, hold the gas pedal to the floor for 10 seconds. Turn the vehicle completely off (takes 2 minutes; computers turn off, etc...you can hear it). Now start up and take off. You should feel the difference.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:34 PM
Mudding
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Hmm, my 08 is actually a little too touchy. It took me a month to adapt and be able to touch the pedal lightly enough not to jerk my head back from acceleration!

I almost prefer the way it drives in snow mode (2nd gear start) off the line, but when you want to pull out quickly it's nice to have that first gear snap.

Something definately sounds off. Maybe someone did a transmission fluid/pan change and did not reset the adaptations as suggested above? Or maybe you need an pan/fluid change! How many miles are on it?

Old 01-28-2015, 11:47 AM
Camel Trophy

Seriously Catman? Your head was jerking back from acceleration on a 6000 pound Rover?

Do you floor it every time you go? Are the nerves in your foot dead? Do you have any neck muscles? Pretty outlandish....the LR3 is SLOW.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:10 PM
Mudding
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Well, acceleration may be deceptive term here. My LR3 jolts forward with a sudden jerk with anything more than a slight touch of the pedal. Anything that is light and sitting in the cubby space where the NAV goes flies out when I am not paying attention and hit the gas.

Who knows, maybe I need to reset the adaptations??

My point was that there is no hesitation in the throttle response...

Last edited by catman; 01-28-2015 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:29 PM
Camel Trophy

Is that generally a rolling stop? You may need service action B034 I think it's called....it'a a software fix on the tranny that I thought EVERYONE had done by now!

Old 01-28-2015, 05:32 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks all. As I said I'm new to LR and have only had the car a month. It was purchased from a Buick dealer who obviously did not give me any sort of tech overview. I have no idea about software updates or what "adaptations" are. I will research those things now. Thanks. (86K miles)

Old 01-28-2015, 08:18 PM
Camel Trophy

If you can get yourself an owner's manual, it's quite well written, IMO. Then go spend about 8000 hours reading this board and others....and you'll know all you need to know!
Cheers...

Old 01-28-2015, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

Ours jerks to, sensitive pedal

Jump onto the highway and it takes off like a rocket while barely touching the pedal

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do you get good response from your gas pedal???