LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front suspension rises very very slow after Rear Valve Block cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 12:56 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Front suspension rises very very slow after Rear Valve Block cleaning

Hello all,

I am possibly repeating a question but I was unable to find exact answer within this forum.

I am writing to seek some informational help regarding LR3 Air Suspension. I own 2008 LR 3 with 56k miles. Just few days ago rear of my LR3 lowered down drastically. I knew there must be a leak because through out my 4 year ownership, car has lowered down 2-3 inches only when in park mode for more than 4-5 days. On daily usage LR3 has self-leveled dropping down just a bit (unnoticeable).
I research the topic and found that Rear valve block needs to be cleaned. I asked my friend mechanic to check it out ( depressurize, take Rear valve block out, clean by disassemble all parts and put all back, then mount Rear valve block back.)
I picked up a car and noticed rear Air suspension lowered below standard. I thought possibly if a car has not run long enough it did not build enough pressure in the air reservoir. Drove a car back home (2-3 miles). Received yellow Fault Suspension warning. Noticed also compressor working more than usual.

Back home tried to lift a car with Air Suspension Control Switch and noticed rear lifts much quicker and front takes about 2-3 minutes. Lowered car to access height then back to standard height and same as before- rear lifts very quick but front lifts very very slow. Compressor is working Ok, meaning it does its job.

Did a little troubleshooting with taking fuses out F35 Compartment Glove, and engine F3 i F26. Three hours later rear suspension was down all the way while front kept its height (front did not drop).

I am seeing two issues here (one new and one existing)
1. Rear Air leak (could be somewhere else than rear valve block?)
2. (New issue) Front lifts up very very slow after cleaning rear valve block.

Can anyone suggest what else can be checked/troubleshoot ?

Thank you in advance.

Old 02-06-2017, 11:54 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 454 Likes on 405 Posts

The standard advice is to leave it overnight with the EAS disabled to see if it's leaking. Sounds like it is. Next thing is to take a spray bottle with soapy water and hit all the air connections to look for bubbles, which tells you where the leak is. Then you can address it. The amber fault light and slow raising in front also makes me suspect your compressor.

If you search in this forum there should be a lot of info/posts on these topics. Best of luck...

Old 02-08-2017, 09:50 PM
4wd Low
Smile

Thank you houm_wa for a suggestions. I took my car to my mechanic and asked if he can check any leaks by spraying with soap and water and he said he did not find any leaks, not on the suspension bags or anywhere else. To my surprise, when I picked up my car I have noticed that rear height of the car was just right (not lower as I seen it for past week or two). Then mechanic said he can not really determine what was the cause I have described to him with air leak in the rear but he connected a computer and found few codes. I remember 2 of them before he did soft reset. One code was referring to height sensor and another to not enough pressure in the reservoir. It has been already 2 days and rear of the car DID NOT DROP AT ALL. Setting car to access height then to standard height and then to off-road height and back to standard height did not cause any delays as before (after rear valve block cleaning front lifted very slow). Could have this been a computer module reading incorrect info? I am lost.
My mechanic asked to come back in few days and he will connect computer again to see if there are any codes that were previously showing issues.

Old 02-09-2017, 01:24 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 454 Likes on 405 Posts

I'm not sure. Did your mechanic actually do anything? Did he change anything? If you can raise the EAS up and down alright, maybe it's not your compressor. What kind of faults are you seeing? What color indication? What messages in the info center? What triggers them? Need this kind of info.

Old 02-09-2017, 03:53 PM
Winching
Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

It is possible that the desiccant in the compressor has failed and is contaminating the system. Perhaps when you cleaned the block, a piece of desiccant got lodged and restricted flow and between you and your mechanic working the suspension, it because dislodged and returned to normal.

The fault code for low reservoir pressure usually points to a weak compressor or drier assembly (where the desiccant is stored). For that, I replace the compressor.

Old 02-13-2017, 10:34 AM
4wd Low

Since I picked my car up from mechanic I got once Amber Suspension Fault light on the dashboard. I took it immediately back to my mechanic to read an error code.<br>This time it was only one code not six. Code displayed was C1130 Air Spring Air Supply.

houm_wa, I am not sure what my mechanic did but i asked to look for the leak and he said he was unable to find one. He also reset those codes and asked to come back so i did.

Great info LR Techniker. Thank you. It is very possible what happened what you describe.

Dos anyone knows what C1130 Air Spring Air Supply code refers to?

When picking my car from a mechanic (5 days ago) on the way home i had no warning lights in the dashboard. Then I did not use my car for two days and noticed that rear suspension did not drop at all but front dropped just an inch or so. Took a short ride 2-3 miles on Saturday then get Amber light for Suspension Fault. Left car&nbsp; parked for 6 hours then noticed back of the car lowered about 2 inches. Drove a car to mechanic to read a code. Recorded C1130 Air Spring Air Supply code. Since then took a car for bit longer trip on the highway about 25 miles one way and no issues, no warning lights. Left car parked and when came back after 2 hours cars sits as it did - no drop on back but front just an inch or so. Drove back home and no issues. Next day local ride no warning lights and car did not drop at all. Overnight last night no change.
Did anyone experienced anything similar?
Thanks.

Last edited by Estrelo; 02-13-2017 at 10:38 AM.