LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heavy Duty Package

Old 01-05-2008, 06:54 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heavy Duty Package

for those of you with the heavy duty package (eh hemmm... Jantiz...). My salesman is trying desperately to talk me out of the package. I am spec'ing an 08 LR3 and I know that I may go offroading at some point, but most duty will be on paved roads. Please convince me of reasons why or why not to go with the heavy duty package. I know it comes with locking rear diff, and full size spare. Is there anything else it comes with that I don't know about?? Looking to go ASAP.

Thanks!

Old 01-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Mudding
Default RE: Heavy Duty Package

That is it, but it is well worth the $500. Would not have one without it....

Old 01-06-2008, 12:38 AM
Drifting

So, if you have a full size spare on an HSE does that pretty much mean that I have the Heavy Duty Package?
Not sure how else to tell.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:56 AM
Mudding

Well, you can put the NAV into 4x4 info mode, and then switch to Mud/Ruts, and you should see a lock appear at the rear diff on the screen. Or...you can just check the sticker....

Old 01-06-2008, 01:11 AM
Drifting

Thanks Jim, I just realized that we are neighbors, I live in Aliso Viejo. We should hit up the trails sometime.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:08 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

I believe it also comes with a locking t/case, which is needed to get the punch out of the rear locker.
I would buy it, great off road and in snow and a huge resale plus when you decide to sell it.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Drifting

Happy to report I have heavy duty package. Checked on the 4X4 Nav Screen and the lock appeared on both the center and rear diff.
These forums are great...

Old 01-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Mudding

If you are looking for some fun trips in So Cal and otherwise, check out www.offroving.com. Adam Spiker runs a great business. Just received his January Newsletter. I was on the Great Divide Challenge II last summer and it was awsome. Click on this link to see the newsletter, along with an article from Land Rover Lifestyle Magazine. http://offroving.com/downloadlinks/o...january_08.pdf

I picked up a set of 18 rims for my HSE and put on Coopers Zeon LTZ's and they are awsome offroad. Hope we can connect up some time.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry for the late post. Had lost connectivity for a little while there.

Heavy duty package. GET IT!!! If you have any intentions of ever taking your LR3 off road it is a most. The Terrain Response does a fair job of mimiquing lockers by braking the tires that loose traction and re-directing the torque to the tires that have traction. However... it does not perform the same. As I stated in another tread, I have hit the trails with several other LR3's that didn't have the heavy duty package and the diference was overwhelming in how we handled the tricky obstacles. We all made it mind you, but the ones that had the package simply ate the trails for breakfast.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:27 PM
4wd Low

I am pushing for it, but apparently, Californians don't want the heavy duty package ($625 on top of the price is not too much to pay IMHO) so dealers don't order the cars that way. I would love to have the car ordered, but no one wants to do that. I have spoken with several dealers and they all say the same thing. Getting frustrated for sure.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Heavy Duty Package