Go Back   Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum > Vehicle Line Up > LR3
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-21-2009, 12:51 AM

Question Looking for an LR3 aux input panel and jack

I just bought a 2005 LR3 and one of the previous owners had removed the mini aux jack in leiu of a 3 connector RCA AV setup. I think this was to provide a game input for the factory overhead DVD system, which is no longer there and was replaced with an Audiovox one. The wiring setup seemed to indicate that anyway.

So where can I buy a new aux input panel with the mini jack? Does anyone around here sell parts along these lines? Thanks.

Click the image to open in full size.

Chad
Old 08-21-2009, 05:13 PM

turns out I was able to get one from my dealer for about $70. it used the same 12v socket from the old panel. works great (other than the low input volume which i knew would happen)
Old 08-22-2009, 10:27 AM

Hey, how did you remove the oanel to install the new? Did it just pull out or were there any hidden clips in behind? I have the original aux input panel but the kids pushed against the cable once when I left it in and broke the connector inside the plug. I've tried to pull the connector out but it is too deep and too small to grab with any tools. I need to remove the panel to get it out from the inside.

Any advice or instructions on how to remove the panel would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 08-23-2009, 10:41 AM

If you slide out the cupholder you can grasp up under the bottom of the main panel below the audio/12v panel and pull the entire panel out - I never did get the whole thing out, it was a very tight fitting panel - anyway, since the panel wouldn't come all the way off, I pushed it back in and at the same time the aux panel popped out! Total coincidence, but it happened 3 times. Maybe that will work for you.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:06 PM

Hi chuck,

Would you be able to tell me the part number of the aux input panel? Looking to fit one in my D3 SE as it didn't have one fitted at standard. Dealer doesn't seem to be much use in locating part/part number.

I can see a male pin connector plug behind a clipped in section at the rear of the centre console.. which I'm pretty sure will be wired to the head unit aux input.

I see it was a while ago that you did this.. hoping you might have the part number still!

Thanks
Davo
Old 05-15-2012, 06:06 PM

Tags
aux, broken, connectors, discovery, input, jack, land, landrover, lr3, panel, rear, remove, rover, sockets, volume, wiring