LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR3 Air Suspension gets a 2 1/2" lift

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default LR3 Air Suspension gets a 2 1/2" lift

I figure many people who wonder on this site never visit LRR forums (Land Rover Repair) like me. It wasn't until recently that I discovered them and the wealth of knowledge that is available in there for every kind of Land Rover ever built. So I will pass on the information I came accross under the LR3 link on their site.

One of our members at NCLR found a way to easily raise his LR3 and is sharing his notes on how it was done, very clearly, cleanlyand in detail, while retaining the air system. He claims an overall gain of 2 1/2" and I have seen his LR3 in person. I can assure you it is AT LEAST that much higher, maybe even a bit more. If you are interested, log in to LLRforums.com and follow the link to LR3 and find the post about "Height Sensor Joining Rods".

Be warned that modifying any part of your suspension voids the warranty on that part of your vehicle.

So, read the post and absorb the knowledge. Think about voiding the warranty on your suspension or, as they sugest, keep an extra set of factory spec height sensors on hand for when you need to go in for service. Hope you get some good info from this!

Old 04-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: LR3 Air Suspension gets a 2 1/2" lift

Jantiz funny yu should have brought this up i just called and am having a set of the arms sent to me. I will modify them and let you know how it goes the lift was first discovered by our friends over the pond they are an excellent source of info as well disco3.co.uk Janitz have you ordered a pair yet?

Old 04-18-2008, 01:08 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I am very, read VERY seriously thinking about it. I'm fairly sure it will get done to my LR3 at some point in the future. Probably not right away as I have a huge list of toys I need to start moding the ol girl with. Now I just need to start putting a priority list together so I can go shopping.

Hannibal roof rack, roof tent, roof awning, LR"A" frame brush bar (winch??), headlight protectors, tail light protectors, G4 ladder, extra set of modified height sensors for lift on the go , CB radio, extra fuel cans and holder, Camping gear for overnight trips, Man it sucks starting from scratch!!! I may actually have to buy the Ladder first as I am planning to go down to Pismo over the Memorial day holiday and I have NO WHERE to attach the stupid whip and flag to without one.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:59 PM
Winching

just so you know it was cheaper to get the parts from a dealer but i called 2 different dealers and their was a price difference of around 40 bucks for everything you need
and it is a cheap mod if you do it yourself you shouldnt have anymore than 90 bucks in everything or less once i make mine i will make them for others if they want
but they will be around 250 or more depending how big of a pain it is

Old 04-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be interested in a set.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Winching

just got the parts in today hopefully i will have time in the next 2 wks to get to cutting and installing

Old 04-24-2008, 09:04 AM
Winching

you can attach the flag to the rear recovery point im almost positive you can fit that bracket on it.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Winching

WELL 10MM GIVES YOU 2" OF LIFT JUST DID IT TODAY
I can make a pair for your lr3 $250 with shipping to usa
thats 10mm i got 2" of lift the guys in the uk say that is the magic amount
12mm will give you 2.5" of lift

Old 04-29-2008, 05:55 PM
Winching

how do you put pics on i cant figure it out

Old 04-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At the bottom of the message window, there is a light tan "Click here to upload!"
Click there and a new window opens where you can browse files to upload
(as I recall there is a size limit- 500kb)
Also be sure to check the box for "Embed picture in post"

Quick Reply: LR3 Air Suspension gets a 2 1/2" lift