LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR3 Voyager roof rack

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LR3 Voyager roof rack

Anyone install a Voyager roof rack on their beast? Mine just arrived and just wondering how the install went....the instructions supplied are text only....I like pretty pictures!

Old 07-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been running a Baja Rack (Baja Rack) for about a year.

A few months ago, I noticed one of the bolts mounting it to the roof had sheared right off. I'd shoot Voyager over an email and inquire about what grade bolts they use. As they're not too expensive, it may make sense for you to upgrade the bolts sooner rather than later!

While not a Voyager rack, here's what my Baja Rack looks like:

Old 07-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Three Wheeling

Thanks er1c, nice rig!<br />
Not all that sure about removing the &quot;black covers in the front on either side of the sun roof&quot; I assume they mean weather stripping? Any tips on that? Looks like one of the bolts that hold the factory rail down is busted off too....should be fun.<br />
Love the tent, that's my next purchase. I've seen plenty, just not sure which one to go with.

Last edited by Dirt Roamer; 07-01-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Dirt Roamer.

The weather strips are, from memory, aluminum. I took some pics of the removal of them. I'll try searching through my "LR3 to sort" folder for them and get back to you on that.

The tent is the ARB Series III Simpson Rooftop Tent (ARB3101).

ARB Series III Simpson Rooftop Tent (ARB3101)

It's heavy--- about 200 pounds ~. It wasn't fun lifting it up! I managed to scratch the paint on the top of the rear trunk hatch, too, putting it up.

I keep it on all year round. I've driven from NY to Texas with it and all over New England. It's been through snow storms and hurricane Sandy. It's held up perfectly! I'd definitely recommend it.

Between your rack and roof top tent, you'll be around 300lbs. So, you're going to take a hit on handling around corners... and when it's really windy, and you're driving on the highway at higher speeds, you can feel the wind resistance.

Old 07-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Three Wheeling

My rover is at the dealer....no body shop or private repair shop would extract the broken bolt...this is without them even seeing the bolt. Would've thought it would be something they could do fairly easly, having access to extractors....welders....the experience. I tried to extract it and broke off the bit for the pilot hole in the hole, so I figured I'd let someone else do it. I'm a little concerned with what the dealership will charge! I'm anxious to get the new rack on.