LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manual lock and key remote

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 11:20 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Manual lock and key remote

Hi all, my key remote has not been working for some time now so I have been using the manual lock to lock/unlock my LR3.

Now the manual lock has stopped working, meaning the key won't lock/unlock the door. Has anyone else had to replace the lock?

Happy Holidays!

Old 12-30-2011, 12:55 PM
Mudding
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Really. That's a shccker! It doesn't turn?

Old 12-30-2011, 01:38 PM
Three Wheeling

Turns a little but lock wont engage.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:20 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

you may have something beside the lock broken, you have to pull the door panel off.

but if the remote doesn't work its possible the green and white wire on the passenger side is corroded and needs a simple repair.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:38 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Rovin4life
you may have something beside the lock broken, you have to pull the door panel off.

but if the remote doesn't work its possible the green and white wire on the passenger side is corroded and needs a simple repair.
Thanks. How hard is it to get the door panel off? I imagine that would need to be removed on the passenger side to access the green and white wire.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:53 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bribake
Thanks. How hard is it to get the door panel off? I imagine that would need to be removed on the passenger side to access the green and white wire.
Hi, same thing happened to us today. How did you resolve? Which costs more, the new key or fixing the broken lock?

We also had the same issue with corroded wires that impacted the remote operation. Fixed the wires under passenger side, and then had to fix the corroded wires under driver side about a year later.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Here's info on the panels, etc.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Front Door Trim Panel Removal.pdf (236.4 KB, 493 views)
Rear Door Trim Panel Removal.pdf (165.3 KB, 228 views)
Door Lock Cylinder.pdf (36.0 KB, 433 views)
Description and Operation.pdf (747.7 KB, 282 views)
Old 05-31-2012, 01:06 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts
Default may be nothing actually needs replacement

Sometimes the locking cams, rods and levers inside the door get out of sync with each other. If the power door lock and unlock buttons on the middle dash still operate, try electrically locking and unlocking the doors a few times. Sometimes that will get the bits back in place.

If you have to tear the door card off, then try the same thing, but with your fingers. Probably nothing has broken, just bits got out of place.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:39 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bribake
Hi all, my key remote has not been working for some time now so I have been using the manual lock to lock/unlock my LR3.

Now the manual lock has stopped working, meaning the key won't lock/unlock the door. Has anyone else had to replace the lock?

Happy Holidays!
I just had a similar issue, my remotes decided to stop responding one day, they now work periodically. Used the manual locks for awhile, then one day, manual lock doesn't work. turn it opposite direction, unlocks but when I open the door the alarm system goes off until I get in and turn the key in the ignition. I've noticed yesterday, I hit the lock/unlock buttons to see what happened, it did nothing, but later when I was walking outside to my other car and get something out of the trunk, the LR3 lights started flashing 6-9 times very fast and then locked itself(it was unlocked before)
I know its not the key, because I have two fobs and both stopped working at the same time. I have had issues before where the car wouldn't start unless I put it into neutral, but believe that was due to the old linkage.

Any ideas anyone?

EDIT: Will check wires today out of curiosity, but I don't think the wires are bad because the remotes work periodically. Now every time I used the manual unlock the alarm goes off but is silenced by the key being put in ignition.

Last edited by bmartindale; 06-20-2012 at 02:42 PM. Reason: forgot something