LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM switches for dash

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 11:16 AM
Mudding
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default OEM switches for dash

Does LR have any switches for this part of the dash? I'm not finding any. Would rather not have to cut/drill/install 3rd party switches elsewhere. Thanks.

Old 05-15-2016, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

I don't recall anything being there, it easy enough to pull all that

Old 05-15-2016, 10:14 AM
Baja
Received 717 Likes on 622 Posts

That is a part of the radio unit, so I don't think you can add anything there.

Originally Posted by clarkritchie
Does LR have any switches for this part of the dash? I'm not finding any. Would rather not have to cut/drill/install 3rd party switches elsewhere. Thanks.

Old 05-15-2016, 10:15 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 110 Posts

I'm not aware of any options that include switches there. What do you want to control with your switch?

Old 05-15-2016, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Lucky8 was trying to make a switch pod no idea where that went

Old 05-15-2016, 12:48 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 129 Likes on 118 Posts

How to add the factory Driving Light switch to your aftermarket driving/fog lights

this switch was for the driving lamps option, could work for whatever, lightbar. I have one but waiting to put it in.

Old 05-15-2016, 01:24 PM
Recovery Vehicle

The factory switch is what I used for my light bar. Wiring is a little tricky, but I think there was a wiring diagram over on the aulro board. Just keep in mind that you have to provide +12v and ground for the illuminated icon, +12v and ground for the little bar that tells you the switch is tripped and then the switch actually toggles the ground for the lights.

The following users liked this post:
DavC (05-15-2016)
Old 05-15-2016, 05:39 PM
Mudding
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Bummer, I was hoping there were generic OEM switches for any of the "blank areas" -- be it the area I highlighted, or lower down below the vent or defrost controls.

cmb6s - Do you have a link to the switch your purchased? Thanks in advance!

Old 05-15-2016, 06:34 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Actually, I just clicked on the link that DavC provided and it's great. That shows the wiring diagram and provides the part numbers. You need two different parts... One is the switch and I think one is the bezel surround or something like that.

As far as the wiring, I guess I didn't quite remember correctly. The important thing is realizing that the ground is switched.

Two notes:
1. Instead of pulling my dimmer sources from the headlights switch, I'm pretty certain I used the wires going into the lit "bezel" around the cigarette lighter. I really didn't want to mess with the main lighting wiring harness. It was extra easy for me because I replaced my smoker's package center trim area with the non-smoker's package and installed a blue sea cig plug and blue sea USB plug all at the same time.

2. The other thing to note is pin 5 - the wiring diagram shows it being wired to a switched ignition source. If you're trying to keep your aux lights more "legal", then I believe they need to be switched on only with the high beams. I remember trying to figure out whether a) pin 5 should be attached to the high beam wire coming out of the signal stalk on the steering column or b) the ground on pin 1 should be attached to the high beam wire coming out of the signal stalk on the steering column. Basically, it comes down to whether the high beams operated off of a switched hot or switched ground and I can't remember which it was. I guess I'd have to go back to the LR wiring diagrams and figure that one out again.

Anyway, the ground on pin 1 provides the ground path for the aux lights and provides the ground for the little Amber light on the switch that tells you it's depressed. The ground on pin 2 provides ground only to the dimmable light icon on the switch... It's completely separate from the other ground. Hope that makes sense.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

I added the factory off road lights with that dash button, you have to cut the dash, route a wire harness from drivers side at the switch, to pass side a pillar kick panel

You need to rewire the plug at the lite switch and add wires at one of the bulk plugs on the pass kick

Then go under hood and add wires at the fuse box, you really need the rover dealer instruction I had them but will try to locate them

Quick Reply: OEM switches for dash