LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Red blinking height marks on 4x4 screen

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 03:52 PM
Winching
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Red blinking height marks on 4x4 screen

I left my car in access height overnight in the driveway and when I started it up, the driver rear had a flashing red height mark on the 4x4 info screen.

No faults or other lights.

What does this mean? Is it an indication of a problem?

Old 04-28-2016, 04:52 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 454 Likes on 405 Posts

I wouldn't worry about it.

Old 04-29-2016, 10:32 AM
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Do you mean the red lights next to the wheel? This means the suspension height is out of range for the current height. Take a photo if possible. I can help explain better with an image to reference.

Old 04-29-2016, 11:24 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 454 Likes on 405 Posts

I don't think it means "out of range." I think it means that that wheel is at the limit of its range. I don't see it as an issue, especially if there is no fault. Pretty sure mine does this from time to time, especially in access height with oversized tires.

Old 04-29-2016, 11:28 AM
Winching
Old 05-01-2016, 08:35 PM
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Did you put the vehicle into access height? Or did it drop over night? Dropping overnight means you have a slow leak in the air suspension system.

Old 05-02-2016, 09:38 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by BritishautoworksSD
Did you put the vehicle into access height? Or did it drop over night? Dropping overnight means you have a slow leak in the air suspension system.
Yes, I put it in access height.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:08 AM
Winching
Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

As Houm said - it's not a fault or out-of-range message, those hash marks indicate the suspension travel limits and will be highlighted red once a wheel reaches those (upper or lower) limits.

It's actually a primary function of the 4x4 screen, as it lets you know when you're most likely hanging a wheel or it's not touching the ground anymore for high limit, or when you're at the lower limit at which point it can't compress anymore and the vehicle will start to push up if you're going over a rut or something. It's actually great situational awareness.

The center lines simply indicate overall vehicle commanded height versus "normal" ride height.

FWIW everything I mentioned is in the manual IIRC.

Old 04-19-2019, 12:51 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red light on right front tire in 4x4 screen...vehicle raising slowly

I have owned my 2009 Range Rover since 102,000 miles. I replace the left front ride height sensor 1,000 miles ago and have and no issues with the warning I was having of the suspension fault. After leaving my car parked for a week (which is not unusual, it's only driven 500 miles/month), the front suspension will not raise. The front right tire on the screen flashes red for a short period. The suspension never raises. Fixes? I think I'll try disconnecting the battery to start.

Old 04-19-2019, 01:01 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do I get it back in range? I left it parked for 10 days. I had the ride height sensor on the left front replaced and over the last 1,000 miles that fixed having the suspension fault to reduce speed below 30 mph. This is new and I can't get the suspension to register. It keeps finding the rear (and raising it), but the front won't raise up. Before I could accelerate hard (naturally raising the front end) and find the left front ride height sensor that wasn't registering (that worked before when I hadn't had the left front sensor replaced). Since I replaced it, haven't had this problem until having the car parked and now having the right front tire bar above the 4x4 graphic highlighted. I tried driving it to accelerate as before, but this is not working for this issue. Rear raises, front won't. Do i just disconnect the battery as a place to start?

Quick Reply: Red blinking height marks on 4x4 screen