LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension fault

Old 02-07-2006, 09:57 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension fault

I just brought home my 2006 LR3 and for two days the suspension fault message was on. It has gone off on its own now. Should I be concerned? I haven't taken it in for service yet since I have only owned it for three days. Is this normal? I just traded my 99 Range Rover HSE which had air suspension leaks and now this. I know problems should be expected but the on the first day. Does anybody know it this car automatically lowers at high speeds like the Range?

Old 02-19-2006, 10:09 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Suspension fault

I have had major suspesion issues. Take it in ASAP. I had errors within the first 20 miles.
Here's the work that has been done:
2 Air Pumps
Replaced all airline sensors, Airbags, and some air lines (Air Drying filter leaked agent and contaminated the system)

John
2005 LR3 SE

Old 02-20-2006, 08:51 PM
4wd Low

I made the appointment to take the car in for service and they sent me home without even checking it. The suspension fault was on for days but they couldn't see me until the following week. By that time the light went off. He told me he can't pull a code off it unless the fault light is on at the time of service. Does this sound correct? Now it comes off and on all the time but never when the service department is open. The back of the car looks like it sits lower than the front.

Old 02-20-2006, 11:23 PM
2nd Gear

The computer holds the fault codes until they clear it with their computer.

Old 02-22-2006, 09:45 PM
4th Gear

Mine did the same. My dealer told me that it "resets itself" the next time I turn it on. It has been over a month and has not come on since. I don't feel to confident about the dealers "reboot the system" explanation, but I have not had any problems since the one incident. I think my light came on for about 5 minutes during a spin around the block

Old 02-22-2006, 10:03 PM
4th Gear

If it was happening just one week after purchase and I was getting that treatment from the dealer, I would hand them back the keys on a 50k vehicle. Completely unacceptable!

Old 02-22-2006, 11:20 PM
4wd Low

Car went into extended mode today at a stop light on its own for no reason. The suspension fault light came on again so I ran it down to LRW. After waiting for three hours they told me they pulled three codes off the car. They fixed two but there is a hard fault on it and they were calling Land Rover North America for help. They were fixing some software problems with the suspension system. I am driving a Jeep Cherokee rental now until they can figure out how to fix my LR3. Since we brought the car home it looks as if it is sitting very low in the back. Is this common on the LR3?

Old 02-23-2006, 03:29 AM
4wd Low

The EAS system is a reliable set up. there have been a few Bugs in there that are being figured out. the electrical part of the system is very technical and a lot of techs have trouble diagnosing it. Tech line usually gets them in the right direction. Suspension fault are not usually normal. The system will display some normal information on the screen like"system raising slowly" or Waiting for compressor to cool" Most faults with this system(unlike the older Range Rover one) will not lower the car. its default is in the regular ride hight position and it will try and keep you there. Anyways work with the dealer and they will get it fixed. as I said it is not the easiest system to diagnos so it might take them a time or two.

Old 02-23-2006, 08:11 AM
Rock Crawling

yeh our car has just went in to havits its suspension looked at, hopefully we might get it back today but like he says its a hard system to work with if anything is wrong

Old 02-23-2006, 11:47 PM
4th Gear

From a service and diagnosis perspective, you would think dealer service dept. would have the suspension "bugs" figured out after a full model year run. I hope you have better luck. It really is a great vehicle. Love the boxer pic.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Suspension fault