LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SUSPENSION FAULT - No Action Required???

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 01:39 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SUSPENSION FAULT - No Action Required???

My 05 LR3 (105K miles) recently has been showing a suspension fault warning. Exact message is "Suspension Fault - Normal Height Only" and the red suspension warning indicator illuminates (not FLASHING). Checking the vehicle manual under the message center, it states that there's "NO ACTION REQUIRED" needed. Under the warning indicators, the manual states the same unless it's flashing (in this case, it is advised to drive slowly and seek qualified assistance). What gives? I've been having this issue for the past three weeks and I've been driving the vehicle still -- it seems like there's nothing wrong at all even when the warning light/message comes on. Most of the time, the message/warning light comes after a few minutes of driving but once in awhile, it doesn't come out at all. I'm really confused. I'm ready to take it to the dealer but wanted to know what the issue is or what are my options are. I live in Italy where it's very expensive to have repairs and takes very long to accomplished. I'm trying to avoid that if all possible.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:49 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Is you steering wheel crooked? Have you recently replaced a brake lamp bulb?
You can check your height sesnors using the 4x4 screen on the nav unit.
Compressors do fail, reservoirs can rust and leak. Fault code diagnosis will help

Old 07-08-2012, 07:47 AM
Drifting

My 07 has been doing exactly the same thing. Let me know if you figure it out please.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by threalassmikeg
Compressors do fail, reservoirs can rust and leak. Fault code diagnosis will help
I have been having similar issues with air suspension fault light periodically, compressor seems to be working fine when the light isn't on, starts as a amber indicator and will eventually turn red, stay light for awhile, go back amber again. I did, however replace a left rear taillight bulb not long ago.

Old 07-08-2012, 01:45 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by threalassmikeg
Mike - I'v been having none of those -- steering seems fine, haven't replaced a brake lamp bulb, and height sensors does not indicate anything abnormal. Not sure if it's the compressor at all because i had to raise the height yesterday and it went up (somehow the vehicle lowered after I parked overnight).

Old 07-14-2012, 01:42 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Might just need a new compressor air drier and other parts. But without codes nothing.
google land rover independants in italy and see what comes up.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:43 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

And just so everyone knows its illegal to work on your car outside of your own home in Italy. Everything must go to a mechanic.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:57 PM
Drifting

I just got mine back from the dealer. My suspension fault normal height only came on some of the time amber. The dealer said the compressor was not at the PSI output it should and they replaced it under aftermarket warranty. I never had any suspension sagging and the light would come on every other drive or so after 5 minutes. Hope this helps. 07 with 68,000 miles

Old 07-16-2012, 02:32 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

There is a tsb for the fault warning illuminating for a certain code(s) regarding
crossover valves 2005 MY. the repair for that was a tune download.
There is a very good chance if you haven't replaced the eas compressor already you'll need to this also involves a tune download with a newer software and compressor relay replacement. Also a good idea to check the eas air reservoir under the l/f door for rust and leaks..nothing you cant do witrh some soapy water..

Old 07-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Mudding

My '07 with 47K miles did the same thing for the first 500 miles of the drive home, then the light didn't come on upon start-up and stayed off for the rest of the trip.

Is it possible that these faults might be related to battery condition or charge?

What about wet, humid weather?

The indi tech in Detroit used a SnapOn unit to scan for codes and nothing showed up, but the light then came on within a minute of starting the truck back up.

Is replacing the compressor a DIY job, or not? What's involved other than bolts and fittings?

Quick Reply: SUSPENSION FAULT - No Action Required???