LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire size - 265 vs 255, Falken or Pirrelli?

Old 03-11-2017, 10:19 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I see what you did there...!

Old 03-21-2017, 06:28 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might want to consider these: http://www.multimiletires.com/detail...S---SUV&id=475
I got mine in 265/70R18and they just scrub at full lock and just a touch if you're driving in access mode. I think they look pretty good. They're quiet and work well in the south Georgia mud, clay and dirt.

Old 03-22-2017, 10:16 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What was the cost on those? I have my eye on an extra set of wheels right now, with the intention of a second set of more off-raod appropriate tires.

That being said, I had the opportunity last weekend to go wandering in the Flint Hills here in Kansas - checking out the wild fires and prescribed burns that are happening now. I got to run on some loose rocks going uphill, cross a few streams (very low water level - pretty dry here) and go through some mud ruts where the fire trucks had been through. Both vehicle and tires performed well!

Old 03-23-2017, 09:30 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dv8er
What was the cost on those? I have my eye on an extra set of wheels right now, with the intention of a second set of more off-raod appropriate tires.

That being said, I had the opportunity last weekend to go wandering in the Flint Hills here in Kansas - checking out the wild fires and prescribed burns that are happening now. I got to run on some loose rocks going uphill, cross a few streams (very low water level - pretty dry here) and go through some mud ruts where the fire trucks had been through. Both vehicle and tires performed well!
The falken's are more off-road capable than those. You want a second set for mud and such. You need a M/T tire, such as the Goodyear duratrac.

Old 03-25-2017, 02:31 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Dv8er

Sorry for the late reply. Cost on those was $138. Granted I haven't had them long but, in the dirt,soft sand and rainy roads they are great and the ride is also better than the previous tires. As always it's up to you what you buy.

Old 11-11-2021, 05:34 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 454 Likes on 405 Posts
Default Ahhh...I see it now

Thanks for the clarification, I hadn't gone back to page 1 of the thread. Those tires pass the eyeball test and with the additional anecdotal data posted here, I'll consider them for my next AT tire as well.

Old 06-20-2022, 05:27 PM
Drifting

I ended up with Michelin defenders. 265/65R18. They are nice and quiet and ride smooth (wife is happy). No rubbing,
I have done some dry weather relatively mild off roading and they worked like a champ. I don't think I will need more than these for the off roading I do. If I do ever get more aggressive in my off roading I will probably by new wheels and tires for just that purpose.
I gave up looking cool with aggressive tires for a smoother quieter ride.
Thanks for all the feedback.